Ma.K Falke

LOL...favorite modelling pastime...juggling of many projects at once!! :p Keep the fire lit brotha!! They will get done!! ;)

Quick update. Metallic undercoat (on top of primer). assorted shades, tones, whatevers... I experimented with mixing white and/ or black with Testors chrome silver and then tried it with a touch of blue... Good enough for a chipping base, I think.

20150528_195649_1.jpg

20150528_195804_1.jpg

20150528_195725.jpg

I think I've decided go with a German RF-4 Phantom inspired color scheme with some hints from planes like a Bf 109 G and a Fw 190...

Ref shots:
1283096.png

1462916.png

RF-4E_Phantom_-_Heck.png

Any chance anyone knows what colors the Luftwaffe uses on their Phantoms?

Thanks, John!
Biskup, is it you that has a Falke thread going on elsewhere? I can't keep track of who, what and where I've read...

I'm probably going with #1 or 3, if I can find out what the colors are, even though I do't really need to know exactly what they are, do I? But for some reason I want to be accurate...

Shot the camo... I think it'll work.

20150608_194139.jpg

20150608_194155_1.jpg

I'm not sure about the area under the forward bulge on this pic below; when viewed from underneath it should probably only have the belly color, aka, I brought the camo down too far, but it looks 'right' from the side view. Meh...

20150608_194215_1.jpg

I think I'll go back at it tomorrow, sharpen some edges and do some fading.

Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

--Scrach

Yes that's me all thou I haven't touched it for a long time :) Maybe I'll finish it this year as I try to finish as many started projects as I can :)

The effect is great. I really like how it turned out :)

Can't wait to see this finished. Looking amazing so far!

To be honest I've ever done any Sci Fi before, but your work here is really making me ask myself why???? Very inspirational build mate. Loving it!

Chris

Thanks, gents!
That's what I'm liking about Ma.K, it has built in influences, but it's still open ended so you're free to run with it, and there's never a worry about accuracy.

Latest posts

Back