Ma.K Falke

Well, I'm up early today. Headed down to the bench to try and catch up with some of you guys. Some amazing progress going on and I'm baffled by the guys doing multiple builds :-\.

These came in the mail yesterday, Thanks to Daf57 for the suggestion.
IMG_20150405_073403.png

Let's see what kind of progress I can make before I have to go see the family to celebrate this egg pooping rabbit holiday.

Finished this thing. Time consuming, but fun. Managed to keep it adjustable just in case I decide to put the pilot in the seat.
IMG_20150406_200334.png

The adjustable harness was just a matter of careful glue control, no big deal, really... ;)

Slow progress at the bench, havent been taking many pics lately.
Took a break and worked on the pilot even though I doubt he'll go in the cockpit.

I test fit him in the pit with his arms blue tacked in place and found that his hands wouldn't set on the controls, so ended up with this:
photo%2B2.png

glued scraps of PS to hold the arms in place with the correct gaps (that I'll fill later) then removed the blue tack that was holding it all correctly.
photo%2B1.png

And what do you do when you don't know which head you want to use? Use both, with the help of a few 3x1.5mm neodymium magnets...
photo%2B4.png

I also bent up these tiny bits ( the 'U' shaped metal at the end of the 0.5mm sq styrene) to go on the engine. That update will hopefully be tomorrow...IMG_20150411_205219.png

Calling this engine finished and ready for paint.

1.png

2.JPG

3.png

4.png

I am finally getting around to catching up on a few more builds happening...great looking kit Scratch! Beautiful work on the engine detailing! Almost a shame to paint that one up!!! ;D

Loving your work mate. Some great scratch building going on there! This is one side of the hobby I haven't really done a great deal of. Seeing your work here is inspiring to say the least! Looking forward to the next update!

Chris

Great work. Man all the effort on that engine is 100%. Love the little 'clamps' that are holding the pipe - I think it's aluminum tape. Great stuff.

Thanks guys, glad to think I might hold my own in this crowd of great looking buils.

The piping hold downs are either aluminum from a beer can or, staples! Yep paper staples; they are flexy and are a great width and thickness, I save them from the parts bags and just about everything else. I have been wrapping them around a scrap of wire to match whatever they need to fit over and then cut to fit, but I just now thought of maybe drilling holes to put the straight legs of the 'U' shape through and then glue in place saving me the trouble of dealing with such a small piece...

Latest posts

Back