Ma.K Bomber cat

What's up with the MiG oils ?
Contain solvent , like naphtha or something ?

Its not the Hasegawa plastics in particular that gets fragile, a revell kit also had the same problem. Different plastics

enamel wash , huh .
Yeah , I can't find any info / SDS .

What does it do to the plastic exactly ?
I'm going to email Spray Gunner and see if they have the MSDS on it .

It gets soft and bits falls apart, the tamiya glue wount melt it like it usally do when gluin it back

As far as oils and weathering go, I use artist's oils (Schminke-Mussini) and mineral spirits, and never have any problems with it attacking plastic.

I generally don't use Mig or AK products. Nor Tamiya's weathering, washes, etc, or similar products from other brands. I appreciate that they take the guesswork out of making things like washes, or weathering powders, and so on. And that's a definitely attractive quality, especially for people entering the hobby. But I know how to make those kinds of things myself, from components I have on hand. To each, his own, of course.

Best regards,
Brad

Hey B, I like what you've done with the camo ..looks worn out..think the hull may need some weathering tho, to catch up with the aged camo..just my two cents.
For a pin wash, try a couple drops of Craft Paint (grey and green and black) with some Liquitex flow-aid..apply the flow aid straight first then come in with the mix..experiment on something else tho..
The figures are coming along nicely too..although her boots look way too new
Can't wait to see the base you come up with !
Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for input Beluga!

Maybe some more dirt on the hull, Im on the fence with the amount of wheatering, but more pinwash will improve. Will do that. Definitly agree on the boots, they need some dirt!

Last edited:
It's a beautiful finish, B! And the pilots look great, too. Yeah, her boots could use some scuffing, maybe a dustier finish? But you did a great job with them, and they enhance the look of the machine.

Best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back