M7B2 Redux

TRM

Hey fellas,

I started this one a while back but never really got to finish it. Recently just pulled it out again and am having at it. This was to be a straight build for a Korean War Group Build but now I think I will take it in another direction. This should make for a nice fill-in project at the moment

Here the building is just about done.

This was the kit:

1081.jpg

I had gotten as far as this...

1002.jpg

1139.jpg

1076.jpg

1103.jpg

Other than priming the base and suspension, that was pretty much it. Yesterday I decided to try and dig into it again. Mainly because if I didn't, I would end up starting another Aircraft build!! LOL!!!

I extended the pulpit and made an add on plate for the front.

M7B2002.jpg

Finished 92.8% of the exterior. A few grab handles to go and one front transitional plate...oh yeah, welds!!! ;)

M7B2007.jpg

M7B2012.jpg

M7B2009.jpg

And how she looks tonight. I laid down some primer last night and 3 separate coats of base coloring.

Prime time.....

001.jpg

010.jpg

A little shadowing.

013.jpg

A little fill.

024.jpg

Some tonal shading.

027.jpg

Plenty more to go!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hiya ND!! Thanks for the kinds words!! Let's call it filling the gap on this one!!! Got a few things going and a few to start!!! But this one needs....Paint!!! ;D

Now for a little more!

After shooting some clear I attacked the interior with some pre-coloring if you will.

014.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

Here is where I jump...After the white chip-fest, I laid down a quick clear coat to protect that. Then onto this...

041.jpg

042.jpg

Slightly changing colors as I went over the pieces along with laying down a basic modulation, I have a nice base!! LOL! Yup, more to go. I am chipping again right now and making decent progress. Then there will be another clear coat and onto some more fun!!

Thanks for having a LQQY!!

Here comes another one.....

After chipping away last night as well as a little this morning, Took some shots and then laid down come clear!

002.jpg

009.jpg

016.jpg

020-2.jpg

023-1.jpg

Heading out to a BBQ this afternoon and then maybe a bit of progress!!!

Thanks for hanging out!! ;)

;) Dear TRM, everytime I step in one of your threads, I need a dozen or so of psichiatrist-sessions ( a la Woody Allen style ;D ) to improve my self-steem as a modeller ;D ;D ;D

Just three simple words: BEAU-TI-FUL ;D ;D ;D

Cheers, T. :D
RG

LOL....Thank you Jelly!! The encouragement is always welcomed! "Woody Allen Style" ......LOL!!! ;D

Thanks again ER!! How you been buddy!!! Did you pack up the 1:1 Anime Girls and book the flight yet? ;)

Thank you Joey!! Glad to have you stop in!!!

Finally, after a few days of being dragged in the opposite direction from the bench, I get to sit back down tonight!!

Mind you, still plugging away here. I think this will begin to explain where this is heading.

247.jpg

250.jpg

This one will be a little neglected!! I of course needed to chips away at what was put on and made another dry fit to see how she looks before shooting a clear coat and getting ready for another round.

264.jpg

Used K4's version of a chipping fluid aid. Applied the paint coat and then carefully apply the fluid and tactfully chip away!!

262.jpg

274.jpg

267.jpg

Still plenty of work here. More round(s) of paint and chipping and the obvious track finishing, not to mention weathering....no pigs added as of yet. Only one wash/filter early on and sealed.

As always, thanks for stopping in!!

::) Sorry Tony! LOL! In case you were wondering, I promise to put the tracks on the right sides on the final pics btw.... :-X

A teaser....

a3.jpg

Still working on more of the streaking grime all over. Hope to have somthing new soon!

Thanks for stopping in!

Thank you spud & Scott!! Just about done with this one! Fun little filler project!!! ;)

OK....I am going to call this one done. I have a small no frills base but these pics are a little less distracting. It has been a fun little fill project and I am looking to dig into a couple bigger longer term projects at the moment. Hope you enjoy.

015-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

021.jpg

001-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

025.jpg

I was able to sneak my girls initials into this along with the wife's too. Starting to get that feeling again....I think it it close to start building something new soon! ;D

Thanks for hanging in there and following along on this! ;)

Todd you really love these forgotten souls. The graffiti is superb. Any chance you have a factory new vehicle coming down the line?

Latest posts

Back