M2A2 Shelf Queen - Finished

adampolo13

Hey guys, I've realized I have a lot more fun starting kits than I do finishing them. hahaha. That being said this one has been sitting on my shelf for a while with one side of track done waiting for the 2nd set of tracks to be done. Well I ended up doing some work on the other side of track and then I decided to fool around with the AK. So, what do you guys think of the progress?

IMG_0962_zpse4522cb5.jpg
IMG_0963_zpsa6e73caa.jpg
IMG_0965_zpsc4e2bc0a.jpg
IMG_0967_zps429c7b1d.jpg
IMG_0968_zps196d9869.jpg
IMG_0969_zps4564b725.jpg
IMG_0970_zps550fb3b8.jpg

Thanks for checking this out!

Re: M2A2 Shelf Queen

HAHA, join the crowd. I have many sitting around calling out to be finished, and little voices in the back taunting me to start them.

Bradley looks great BTW!

Nice job....well done.
Are you going to paint the track's later ?

Thanks for the posts guys. Not too much time at the bench the last few weeks. My wife and I had our first child on June 26th. Needlesss to say I've been a little busy.

adampolo13 said:
Thanks for the posts guys. Not too much time at the bench the last few weeks. My wife and I had our first child on June 26th. Needlesss to say I've been a little busy.

my B-day is the 25th! haha, congrats! :)

Congrats Adam! Hope you, Mom and baby are doing well.

Hey everybody,
I've been talking to a few buddies about the upcoming AMPS show in CT in September and realized I really needed to finish something to bring with me. I looked at my self and decided that the Bradley was the one. So, earlier this week I ordered some SKP lenses and some RB Models aerials. The aerials came from AK's website, http://www.ak-interactive-usa.com/ I'll say this, the ship FAST. I had the aerials 2 days later. I also ordered a set of their brushes as well. All I've got to say about those, :eek:, I've been using cheap brushes for ever and these are like going from a 78 Honda to a 2014 BMW!

Anyways, enough jibber jabber. The first thing I did was get to work on the track. The tracks are AFV clubs and the pads are molded separately. After cutting them from their sprues and painting, each pad was attached with white glue. Once that was done, I went about shaving off the molded on light detail and added the SKP lenses. I did check a few references and these are not 100% accurate size and shape wise, but they look wicked cool and I'm happy with them. After they were attached I painted the plastic molded tow cable. In retrospect I should have made my own out of real cable but I'm happy with the paint job. Lastly I added the RB aerials. Again, these aren't 100% true but they are a huge improvement over what Tamiya had molded in there. Lastly, I went back in and added a fuel stain. ;D

Okay, here are pictures to go with all that chatter:

IMG_1010_zpsfce743e9.jpg
IMG_1011_zpsb71c5de6.jpg
IMG_1012_zps6ecd327e.jpg
IMG_1013_zps809f8761.jpg
IMG_1014_zps64f3fb89.jpg
IMG_1015_zpsa67cd845.jpg
IMG_1018_zps854ca773.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! Hope you like!

Looks great!

Got me excited about the show in Sept, as my wife has meetings in NH in Sept....but her's is 2nd week, while AMPS is end of the month.

2 shows I will miss out on. There was one in Lawrence, Mass. every year, 2nd weekend in Sept. For whatever reason they moved it to Oct. this year.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! I'm really having a ton of fun with this kit. Today I worked on the stowage which I've never done before. I painted these using a combination of pre-shading, AK washes and dry brushing. Hope you guys like!

IMG_1020_zps352aacd9.jpg
IMG_1021_zpsb11959bc.jpg
IMG_1022_zps8f08ac37.jpg
IMG_1023_zpsf3725606.jpg
IMG_1025_zpsf65228c4.jpg
IMG_1026_zps554cc33e.jpg

I still have a few more pack type thingys, spare road wheels, water cans etc. I also need to weather the turret and paint the vision blocks. I'm thinking I got 2 more weekends worth of work before this is done.

Thanks for watching!

Latest posts

Back