M2A2 BRADLEY

MrT

I am joining fray with Tamiya M2A2 Bradley. So stay tuned and we'll see what happens. Here are my start up pictures.

Terry ;D

DSC09070.jpg

DSC09066.jpg

adampolo13 said:
I think Santa is building one of these too! Dueling build, very cool!

That's no fair he's got all those elves to help him. :p

Well I'm off and running! First thing I had to do is fill all those motor holes with sheet plastic. Wheels and tracks are done. The upper hull is attached and moving on to the details and the turret. Here's some update pictures and thanks for looking.

Terry ;D

DSC09074.jpg

DSC09075.jpg

DSC09076.jpg

DSC09077.jpg

DSC09078.jpg

Grendels said:
It looks like that is a good kit!

It's not bad typical Tamiya. I wish they would get rid of the motor slots and holes.

Terry ;D

Looking forward with the hard part, MrT I have the same old kit with the Motor engine that I need to cover but its a M113A2 :D

Eastrock said:
Looking forward with the hard part, MrT I have the same old kit with the Motor engine that I need to cover but its a M113A2 :D

I guess someone somewhere still puts motors in these things. ::)

MrT said:

Tamiya never updated their molds. It is the same release from many many years ago. All they've done is include extra sprues for each release. It's the same thing with the M1A2 Abrams SEP that just came out. Same Abrams as before just new sprues.

adampolo13 said:
MrT said:

Tamiya never updated their molds. It is the same release from many many years ago. All they've done is include extra sprues for each release. It's the same thing with the M1A2 Abrams SEP that just came out. Same Abrams as before just new sprues.

Actually the new Abrams is about 90% new. Only thing left over from the old ones are the lower hull, and why would they re do it, when it has remained the same on the real tanks, and one or 2 other sprues, the rest is all new. Upper hull, turret, etc, etc.

Same with the Bradley, the M2A2 was mostly new tooled other than the lower hull and some other minor parts from the old M2, no reason to retool those if you don't have to.

Well the holes are plugged and that's that. Got to keep Evergreen in business somehow. :D

;D

I did mine with a plastic call card and filler... regarding with the Tamiya it got some fitting issue according to my 2 fellow modelers its has the same mold just added sprues for the TUSK, now it got a price drop here... Thankfully for them I'm about grab one :D

Latest posts

Back