M2 Halftrack pics

fblanton

Here are thyree pics of the Dragon Models M-2 Halftrack I modeled a couple years ago. This was done as a vehicle serving in Sicily 1943.Paints were Tamiya and Silfor grasses used for the ground work.

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

Frank Blanton

Looking good Frank.

How do you like the Silfor products? I've heard great things about them.

Silfor products

Scott,
Silfor products are marketed under the name Mini-Nature. Very good stuff. The range is quite wide from Ivy to flowers. The grass tufts are frakin awesome. Check out a company by the name of scenic express. I visited the Great Model Railroad show in Timonium Md. last Oct. just to see the Scenic Express stand. I dropped $179.00 USD, on just scenery items.

Frank Blanton

Thanks Frank - I've seen them before thanks to Ken - and thanks to that photo I now have a major case of scenic product envy.

If I didn't know better I'd max out my Visa on this SilfLor stuff. $7.89 of this stuff would be great. It looks very believable.

Good lookin' stuff ! That's some cool grass Dude ! I have a set of Their Buffalo Tufts ... It's some really good lookin' stuff.

ERIK

This is a product I would love to get a hold of for the shop, however it seems Silfor isn't interested in selling to individual shops (at least they have never returned any of my e-mails), and Scenic Express whom imports them into the US, has no interest in selling to dealers either.

The ground work looks great and I too now have interest in that grass stuff. The HT looks very well done. The camo scheme looks right, but the weathering is killer. I bet this looks much better in person.

Nice work on the HT and base.

scratchmod

That's a shame that both Companies don't try to tap this Market ( I mean outside of Model R.R.) ? I can almost see why Scenic Express won't budge on the distribution rights. At least , You would think they would consider big Model Shows ? I know about schedules .. They could really "Dump th Cooler" on this show !

Great Stuff

ERIK

Elm City Hobbies said:
however it seems Silfor isn't interested in selling to individual shops (at least they have never returned any of my e-mails)

Maybe they are replying to Em City Hobbies. ;D

*see what I did there?

Must be the rain or coffee keeping him on his toes. Good idea and might work.

What did you use for the dust weathering on the HT ??

scratchmod

Rain? Nice. We got 14 feet of snow here friday and another couple later today - of course I'm exaggerating but not by much.

Ah ! Good Day indeed. Down here in V.A. it's expected to get up to 78-80 !! No humidity. Great Day in th Panzer Shoppe !

Latest posts

Back