M1A2 Alternative

Evilbert

I have scoured the internet for weeks on end looking for a DML Dragon M1A2 Abrams SEP (3536) model. While I can find a M1A2 AIM (3535), what is the real difference in that kit and what non-dragon brand would be the closest quality kit available today? Tamyia? Italeri?

I also want a kit that has a lot of aftermarket PE and upgrade options available much like the Dragon does.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

To be honest, there really are no M1 kits that even come close to the Dragon ones.

The M1A1 AIM (3535) I believe is currently out of production, and the M1A2 SEP is hit an miss sometimes as to when it is available. At the moment it seems to be that it is readily available.

I would love if you could help me out in obtaining the Dragon 3536 if it is readily available. I cannot seem to find it and it appears to be out of stock everywhere I look even at Elm City Hobbies. Perhaps you can hook me up?

But let's say that the Dragon Abrams never even existed. What would be the best kit out there right now?

Thanks

If you or I can't find you a Dragon one....next best thing.....probably the Tamiya ones....they are still a great kit, but a pretty large step down from the Dragon kits.

I know a place that has a Dragon 1/35 M1A2 SEP for sale, but it's kinda far from me. How badly do you want it?

Thanks to Spitfire for providing me the contact info. Just ordered the M1A2 SEP Dragon kit #3536. :eek:

Evilbert said:
Thanks to Spitfire for providing me the contact info. Just ordered the M1A2 SEP Dragon kit #3536. :eek:

Was that a private sale or on line store purchase? You might not be the last pers. looking for one?

Details please?

No...like I told you in the PM, I would have to order it in and that it would probably be mid July before it was here.

Well maybe someone else is looking for one still. I'm sure if you ordered one or two anyway, it won't take long to sell them. I hope you understand. I didn't want to risk your supplier not having any and the one that Spitfire told me about was there in hand. So I jumped on it. I truly do appreciate your help. Now if your supplier can deliver you an Academy CH-53 Super Sea Stallion (#12209), I will take one of those.

Latest posts

Back