M1083 FMTV Standard Cargo Truck

shepherd

So I've started my second 'proper' military build the M1083 FMTV Standard Cargo Truck (by Trumpeter).
I plan on building a small fleet of Military trucks which I'd like to then create a diorama around, but I'm not going to get too ahead of myself here... ::)

On with the build!

I won't be going for accuracy on my trucks, I'd like to build a kind of fictional private military or organised rebel faction in terms of the paint schemes.
I've not worked out the details yet but I've a few ideas in mind.
at this stage I'm also quite open to ideas if anyone would like to make any suggestions also.

The Kit (well.. the box it came in)

11125713596_2ec158e167_k.jpg

2 Hours work! There are soo many tiny parts!
11125756464_ef61f04921_k.jpg

OOPS! I put the axle on upside down!
Unfortunately by the time I noticed this there were too many parts glued to and around it.
just hope this one doesn't bite me later :(
also some flash in there I've missed.

11125696145_144644829c_k.jpg

And the chassis and [un-started] cab primed
11125762734_3389a4e3b5_k.jpg

11125880673_fdc0aa7c5a_k.jpg

Thanks for looking... more soon.

i love the look of the this vehicle and all the bolt on goodies i have seen people add to it, i hope you plan to do the same.

hook - Yea the chassis has soo many parts to it must have been at least 5 hours work on just that, love the detail though.

Jimi - I was planning mostly stock on this one as I've not built a kit with this much detail before, maybe add some cargo but I'm open to ideas. don't 'suppose you have any links to others' builds of this kit I wasn't able to find many in my search.

I do also have the armour cab vers of this truck on its way to me and I may be adding the Voyager PE set for it too.
But my next build I will be adding some extras, it'll be the MK.23 MTVR Cargo Truck + Voyager PE set + what ever else I can think of when it comes to that build.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back