Lulubelle ''Rodeo on Arkania'' - 2366

Bill76

Hello guys,

Here is the first picture of this project. No kit. Just spare parts. Destination Rubbish Bin City !

My wish is to use all the unused spare parts left after kit. My ''boîte à rabiot'' is full of so what can I do ?

The answer is LULUBELLE.

The main part is a clear plastic bubble sold in gift shop for Christmas or Easter. This is made with two hemispheric parts and the shape can be round or oval.

I like the Tim Burton's world and Mars Attacks is a good start.

So let's go to Arkania in the Orion Constellation.

Georges.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I am not sure what you have planned with this one; but it will be educational to see a scratch build for sure! :)

The name of the project is intriguing by itself - some solid sci-fi is what we all love here.
Can't wait to see the first progress pics ;)

Thank you guys for following.

Tha main idea is to build a flying UFO, a kind of tripod with three legs, a cockpit, two reactors, two wings with rudders and a spoiler on the back. The spirit of the 50' UFOs !!!

The hull is made with an oval ball. I start with the upper part by drilling the hole for the cockpit. This one will be round and the canopy will be round as well. The diameter of the hull is about 15 cm (5,90 inches).

Three hooks are already glued into the hull as maintenance hooks. The ladder on the left side allows the pilot to climb easily to access to the cockpit. This is made with Evergreen rods.

The hull is drilled on both sides to fix two round beams. On these beams will be mounted the wings and the rudders.

The reactors are ''stuff'' to make necklace and have the good size for this. They are hardly glued with epoxy on an inside frame for a hard rigidity. A spoiler will take place on in a while.

For the lower part, I start to make the engine grill and the frame for the two back legs. All the extra parts are made with Evergreen.

Thanks Grendels.

Still at work on the hull. I start to engrave the round lower part with a knife to represent panels, doors for engine. The lines are symetric but the details are different on both side. This will give a kind of contrast.

The inside view shows the reinforcement needed for the rod that will support Lulubelle off the ground. The main parts are glued with epoxy glue.

All the parts are made with a Punch and Die or are coming from the remaining parts from kits. Only unused stuff !

Georges.

Thanks.

Some more work on the beast. There will be three legs and the two rear legs are the same. The back leg is made with Evergreen and will be mounted on a spring as a shock absorber. The spring is taken from a ball pen.

The rear legs need hydraulic shock absorbers as the engine is just over. The hydraulic tanks are made with electronic parts and all the legs are Evergreen.

The ball joints on the lower part are made with glass head needles. Every part is glued with epoxy glue.

Three skates will be needed for landing on Arkania. These are in metal with a ski shape and studs are fitted under the skates to prevent from any slippery conditions.

Hmmm, I'm sure that it could rain on Arkania ... Only dry red dust !

The spoiler and the two rudders / wings are made with Evergreen. The legs are finished.

Thank you guys.

The lower par of the UFO is ready for cleaning and painting. The glass canopy is ajusted on the upper part. All the details on the top are glued as the antenna base and air system.

The front shock absorber is a spring from a ballpen and the end of the pen will be used as the front light as a Vespa scooter style !!!

The dashboard is the next step.

Thank you guys.

Lulubelle is getting on its legs ! The overall looking can be seen now but the tripod is not finished for the moment. It needs some more work into the cockpit.

The engraving job is over on the hull. The protection panel will be fitted on the two rear legs after when painted.

The wings and the rudders are done and articulated. This will serve at the end on the diarama to give more dynamic to Lulubelle.

I use a Punch and Die to realize the bolts. Lot of work !

Next step : the cockpit.

This is GREAT!!!!
I love it, right up my alley!!!
Those first globes must have been really big, if you just cut them down to use only the parts that would give you more of a saucer shape instead of a sphere. The detail work is great too! Love all the panel lines and stuff!
Can't wait to see her painted. Definitely following this one!!!!

Latest posts

Back