Lord of Lion – Nutsplanet – 1/10

Biskup

Lord of Lion is second bust released by Nutsplanet company and a second one representing character from series “Song of Ice and Fire” or the series Game of Thrones. This time it represents Tywin Lannister which is played in the series by Charles Dance. Resemblance to the actor is stunning and probable even better then John Snows.
Just like the previous bust this one is also in 1/10 scale and it’s also sculpted by Jun-Sik Ahn. Box-art was also painted by Meyong-ha Hwang.
NP-B002color1.jpg
I received this bust in the same package as John Snow, so it was also well packed for transport and the shipment was quick. Inside I found the same type of box used by Nutsplanet company for all of their products.
Lanister+01.jpg

After opening the box is laid out with black foam to protect all the pieces. This kit contains 3 gray resin elements: torso, head and plinth.
Lanister+02.jpg

Torso represents Tywin Lannister in his family armor decorated with lots of ornaments and details which refer to Lannister family crest - Lion.
Lanister+03.jpg
Lanister+04.jpg
Lanister+06.jpg

Plinth just like in case of Johns Snows is not only a piece allowing connecting the bust to other type of base. But it also allows displaying the bust on its own. In this case it resembles the Casterly Rock which is house for Lannister line.
Lanister+07.jpg
Lanister+08.jpg

Head is just a master piece on its own and a show of sculpting skills of Jun-Sik Ahn. Resemblance is so striking that the head presented on its own immediately recalls actor playing Tywin Lannister.
Lanister+09.jpg
Lanister+10.jpg

Even thou the bust represents character that which is not too likeable by readers or viewers but it’s made on the highest level. Ideal resemblance to Charles Dance playing Tywin Lanniser in Game of Thrones only encourages adding this bust to your collection. Top of the worlds sculpting quality and casting makes it worthy to recommend.
Small cracked of piece by the armor flange is the fault of my bit too rough handling of the bust. The element wasn’t damaged when I received it.

Im completely with you. It was pure fun to paint that bust! No flashes, tons of details. Just the way its supposed to be. I only wish there would be more busts like that. ;)

So you gonna paint both of them at the same time?

Valar Morghulis! ;)

PS: Find my WIP of that bust here: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,10751.0.html

Latest posts

Back