Looking for a Academy 1/48 CH-53E Sea Stallion

adampolo13

Hello fellow Herders,

I am currently looking for a CH-53e Sea Stallion Kit. I have checked ebay and there are a ton for sale but they all seem to be coming from Korea. I have had some "sketchy" experiences buying online from that part of the world and would rather purchase something from this side of the globe or from a fellow herder. Anybody out there have one that would be willing to give one up?

Thanks!!!!

Adam

Hey schweinhund227, thanks for the link. I actually just checked them out! They look pretty solid. I see they have the MH-53 Sea Dragon, and not the CH-53e. No chance you know if there is a conversion kit available? Unfortunatley my scratch building skills just aint there yet.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!!!!

Hey there Adam,

Like I said in the e-mail, they are likely the same kit, just different markings, (but not 100% on that) but if you went to ARC (Aircraft Resource Center) forum and asked the question there, someone might know the answer for sure.

Not that we want you cheating on SMA with another forum! ;D ;D ;D

Hey Scott,

Sorry I missed your email this morning. It didn't show up when I checked this morning. Anyways, I did some checking on other sites (nothing compares to SMA) and there isn't much. Most people that I've seen built the CH-53E kit. I may end up trying eBay but Im very nervous about the Korean hobby places. Has anybody had any luck with them?

Thanks,

Adam

is there a RUSH at getting this...??? cuz they will get stock again.... if those Stallions are good sellers !!!

You can always go 1/72nd ??? they are still a fair size air-frame ! the rotors are taking a huge amount of space...

in 48th..... that would be massive !!!

anyway... I think the normal variant has only 2 engines... while the Anti mine variant has 3 engines... one more to run the equipment ! something like that...

if your guts tells you NOT to deal with the Koreans... just don't !
I can't vouch for them as I only deal with CHINA!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ACADEMY-1-48-CH-53E-SUPER-STALLION-U-S-MARINES-Ver-/260772429696?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb73f7f80

This guy ships for FREE and its a HUGE box.... at that price ! i would take it !
and he has 100% rating !!!! no fear there...

schweinhund227 said:
is there a RUSH at getting this...??? cuz they will get stock again.... if those Stallions are good sellers !!!

You can always go 1/72nd ??? they are still a fair size air-frame ! the rotors are taking a huge amount of space...

anyway... I think the normal variant has only 2 engines... while the Anti mine variant has 3 engines... one more to run the equipment ! something like that...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ACADEMY-1-48-CH-53E-SUPER-STALLION-U-S-MARINES-Ver-/260772429696?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb73f7f80

This guy ships for FREE and its a HUGE box.... at that price ! i would take it !

No, the one he is looking for is the 1/48 CH-53E with the USMC markings, which is OOP at this time, and was replaced by the MH-53E USN version. Likely the same kit, just with different markings, but I am not 100% sure. I used to have the CH-53E, but sold it awhile back. Awesome kit, just I know I would never have built it. Do have a CH-46 here, but it is earmarked for a Canadian Labrador conversion...just got to find something to nicely replicate the Snoopy nose on it.

Elm City Hobbies said:
schweinhund227 said:

No, the one he is looking for is the 1/48 CH-53E with the USMC markings, which is OOP at this time, and was replaced by the MH-53E USN version. Likely the same kit, just with different markings, but I am not 100% sure. I used to have the CH-53E, but sold it awhile back. Awesome kit, just I know I would never have built it. Do have a CH-46 here, but it is earmarked for a Canadian Labrador conversion...just got to find something to nicely replicate the Snoopy nose on it.

The CH-53E Sea Staillion and MH-53E Sea Dragon are two different variants of the H-53 stallion family. The side sponsons are totally different and there are a few other differences around the airframe. While both Academy kits share some common parts, you cant build one version from the other kit. I did have the CH-53E in my possesion a few yrs ago and it is a phenominal kit, a lot of thought went into its engineering. I hear the MH-53E is just as nice. Every once in a while, one will come up for offer in the forum classifieds at arcair.com

Latest posts

Back