Lockheed Martin F-16CJ Blk 50 - Fighting Falcon QUESTION

alerae

i saw this kit on Tamiya and a local hobby store for $203.00. before i buy it i wanna make shure this is the right price and iif anybody has done it. Also, if it is a good build for the price

I will be really impressed if someone can tell me the size because i have look everywhere and can not find it. it is a 1/32 scale i wanna know length and width

About the right price, however IMO, while it is a Tamiya kit, I don't think it is worth the price, but that is just me.

It's a monster 475mm long according to the Tamiya website. With a ton parts;
ab3216a.jpg

ab3216b.jpg

What really sucks about the whole deal though... If you want to build a Blk30 or a Blk42/52...you have to have parts from the Blk50 AND the Thunderbirds kit...

I think i should get a little more experience before a try a $200 model just in case. It looks really nice on the box and in my experience tamiya kits are usually well built. that for the advice everyone :)

If your on a budget...and your dying to build a Viper... try Tamiya's 1/48 version.... Tamiya goodness at 1/3 the price..

Afterburner said:
If your on a budget...and your dying to build a Viper... try Tamiya's 1/48 version.... Tamiya goodness at 1/3 the price..

I definitely agree with that. I built one of the 1/48 Tamiya Block 30s (using the F-16C/N Aggessor kit) and it was fantastic. I liked it so much I got a F-16C Block 25/32 before I was even done building the first. The 1/32 Tamiya F-16 is up high on my wish list, but not at that price. You'll see it go on sale from time to time or you may luck out and get a deal at a hobby show or private trade with other forum members. You could also look at the Academy 1/32 F-16's, the first boxing had an issue with the instrument panel housing being incorrectly shaped, not a big issue for me as I normally use aftermarket cockpits on my higher end aircraft kits. The demand for that kit isnt very high so the price is fairly reasonable, Usually under $100. Then there is a newer version with the 2 seat Isreali F-16I "Sufa". Its has many new parts compared to the older single seater kit and a lot of the issues have been addressed. It is an awesome kit which retails at around $170 though if you shop around you may even find it around $120 to $130.

Latest posts

Back