Lindbergh Rammunition

phoenix

I will try to get pics up tonight...I mostly finished the Rammunition...still a couple things I want to tinker with. I painted it a matte metallic gray (it was supposed to be metallic black, but came out weird grey), and cut the decals down to just the Rammunition script. I mounted a set of guns and ammo belts from my 1/72 Revell P61 Black Widow that crashed and burned onto the front part of the frame. I'm wanting to add more guns to the front fenders, and some "depth charges" to the rear bumper. I also painted the frame flat aircraft grey to add contrast...all my other monster trucks have gloss black frames....I kinda got bored with that.

It was kind of an annoying kit...well made, with hardly any flashing to cut or trim. However, the crappy part was securing the clear headlight lenses. Ugh. My CA glue melts paint away, so it was a struggle to get the lenses on without ruining the paint underneath. It was a miracle they came out the way they did. I do like how they have you build one half of the overall structure, assemble the interior, then basically sandwich the two halves of the frame. AMT monster trucks actually have you assemble the frame halves, then wiggle the cockpit in. That sucked. Hey, good luck on your build!

its a easy kit so far i got the engine done and starting on the seats. 8) i like it so far just a lot of parts.

I also found, with this kit, it's easier to slide in cockpit pieces you've forgotten, than the AMT monsters. The AMT kits seem to have "smaller" cockpits, even though it's the same scale. I love my Rammunition! Just gotta get the remaining weaponry finished!

Latest posts

Back