Lightsaber

jake

Hi Guys, not sure where to post this but since this is the sci-fi section.... My nephew knows I build a lot of Star Wars stuff and he has recently (at 7) discovered the series. He asked me to build him a lightsaber. Just the hilt or handle. So me never have built a prop before dove right in. I used PVC for the base internal structure and a chrome plumbing pipe for the main outer shell. The buttons and dials are just ods and ends that i scrounged for in my junk drawers. I channeled my inner raccoon to hunt down the "shiny" things. Its all held together with a TON of screws and a little of my favorite JB Quick epoxy. Hope you guys like it. I really don't want to give it up. Thanks for looking.

jake

P1030696_zpsa46ac946.jpg

P1030697_zpsbd248bc0.jpg

P1030695_zpsdae2b7c7.jpg

P1030701_zpsb6751cbf.jpg

P1030698_zps5fb494ff.jpg

Ozzman78 said:
Looks Vader inspired, very cool.

Thanks and correct! This is a very loose interpretation of Vaders lightsaber. I had some limitations because of the materials I was using. Plus I was trying to make it "kid proof". ;D

very cool indeed I am working on one myself and as soon as I said I was making one a buddy of mine was right there wanting one as well. But the first one is mine :).

Wow ! That's excellent . ( Now , give in to the Dark Side , keep it for yourself and send the little 'erbert to Toys'R'Us ! ;)

Thundergod said:
Wow ! That's excellent . ( Now , give in to the Dark Side , keep it for yourself and send the little 'erbert to Toys'R'Us ! ;)

This was the prototype or the learning curve saber. I just bought a new bunch of buttons knobs and splined greeble things for my next ones and they will be really cool. I plan on weathering my next one. And if you've seen my other stuff, you know I like the beat up look!

Latest posts

Back