Life size Predator wall hanger bust.

Dlesko

Hi guys. Ive taken a bit of a break from historical stuff. Just trying to have some fun. Here is my latest. It's Black Heart Enterprises Predator wall hanger bust. Its life size, so this guy is huge. I have been taking photos as ive been building it so ill post them with a little explanation:

I washed the pieces and left them out to dry over night. Then i glued the dreadlocks on using super glue and some 5 minute apoxie glue. The kit was pretty bad so i used some wood strips to screw it all together from the back. Lastly i mounted a saw tooth picture hanger on it to mount it to its temporary painting stand:

PredatorUnpainted_zps4df5140a.jpg

PredBuild2_zpsdc10a888.jpg

PredBuild4_zps62838077.jpg

There was a huge gap between the dreadlocks and where they tied in to the crest on the skull. I used Aves Scultping Putty to tie them in. As you can see, the detail on this guy is unreal:

PredBuild3_zpse93dbe4d.jpg

I made a glaze using Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid and Golden Raw Umber paint. I painted it onto the skin detail, let it sit for a bit and then wiped it off. Once dry i misted over the skin with Garage Kit Color's (GKC) Predator Flesh:

PredBuild6_zps52509a31.jpg

PredBuild7_zps9a9304c1.jpg

PredBuild8_zps3dfa2f19.jpg

PredBuild9_zps8e4efd62.jpg

I began the skin by laying in the brown pattern. I used transparent paints from GKC including Tie in Brown, Burnt Sienna and Rich Brown. After the first spots were done i misted over them with Predator Flesh to make them look under the skin. I kept at this until i saw satisfied with how it looked:

PredBuild10_zpsffb13931.jpg

PredBuild11_zps02bb627d.jpg

PredBuild12_zps53116a47.jpg

PredBuild13_zpsb15cd1c0.jpg

PredBuild14_zps5c239f3c.jpg

I used some transparent light green and some gray-green to ad some color to the skin. Then i used some transparent dusty pink in the creases. Shading was done with Golden transparent shading gray. Once that was finished i started darkening the areas that were going to be black with darker browns and then GKC's Jet Black mixed with some grey. The spots were painted by hand using Testor's acrylic flat black. The mouth was glazed with a mix of red and blue and then wiped off.

He's starting to look like the Predator now :D :

PredBuild15_zpsa9af7b3e.jpg

PredBuild16_zpsfb7a2637.jpg

PredBuild17_zpsdf77fd37.jpg

Any thoughts or comments would be most welcome guys. Good or bad! Thanks.

Thanks guys. This has been a lot of fun. It was overwhelming to say the least but i finally got the hang of something this big. John, i got it from Black Heart Models: http://www.blackheartmodels.com/ They have some incredible life size busts and wall hangers. For the size and detail they are pretty cheap.

John, email them. His name is George and he;s real cool. They were sold out but someone had traded one in for an Alien and i lucked out. I know people can still get them sometimes. Give him a shout.

This is an awesome piece. Excellent painting so far as well.

Thanks a lot guys. He's slowly coming together. Here is the latest. The mouth is close to being done. This was the hardest part for me to paint. Just could not get it looking right. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

PredBuild18_zps63888a91.jpg

Eyes are done. Just waiting a few days for them to dry enough for their gloss coat.

PredBuild19_zpsf31a80b7.jpg

And here he is....almost there.

PredBuild20_zps976c2863.jpg

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great....thanks guys!

Looks incredable. I'll email the guy...all though when I showed it to the GF she said "yeah sure you can have that on the wall.....when you move into your new place alone" lol

Lol John, I wouldn't even go there with my wife... :p

Gotta say though awesome paintwork on this, looks fantastic. I think the mouth looks good .... But is it just me or does that like like a set of gonads under the teeth? :-\

Lol....I noticed that too. Also...what does the inside of the mouth look like? Thanks for the replies guys.

Latest posts

Back