Leopard 2A6

I haven't looked at this in a while, and wow, nice work with the photoetch! Tiny parts.

My hats off to you Tanker52, great work on some tiny tiny PE.

Thanks for the comments JMac, Grendels, and Quaralane.

Update on progress: I am still working on getting this Leopard finished. The tank is primed and first coat of Nato black already applied. Tracks and road wheels are painted. I forgot the side skirts. Will prime, paint, and attach this weekend. I hope to finish up the camo pattern with Nato green and brown this weekend. Pics are coming soon.

Nice looking Big Cat. It will be cool to see some paint on it. Congrats. Bill

Glued the side skirts on this weekend and other misc detail. Applied the NATO 3-tone camouflage pattern using Tamiya NATO Green, Black, and Brown paints. I did this free hand mostly and used some index cards to aid with the pattern. I should have used making tape instead of the indexed cards. I need to go back and touch some areas of the pattern that are inconsistent. One concern I have is that I have liquid mask covering the gunner sites and periscope has dried rock hard. It has been on there for two months. I tested a small area trying to peel it off. I am afraid of damaging the clear plastic. Any suggestions on how to remove or soften the mask?

LeoPrime_2.jpg
LeoNG.jpg
LeoNB.jpg
LeoCamo_4.jpg
LeoCamo_3.jpg
LeoCamo_2.jpg

The overall camo pattern looks great. A little touch-up for the over-sray is an easy
fix. Try using the eraser end of a pencil to gently peel back the mask film...no chance of scratching.
Keep up the great work. Bill

Latest posts

Back