Legacy Era Sith Fury-class Starfighter Masters!

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
That’s right!! The 3D prints of my Legacy-era Sith Fury-class Starfighter have arrived!!! Special whopping thanks to Jeff @ PCS Printing!! (FYI I did the 3D work all myself in SketchUp ;))

Here we have a nice clean print of the 1/350 scale in 2 parts: main body and main engine and have a wingspan of around 3".
350a_img_8219.jpg

350a_img_8220.jpg

350a_img_8221.jpg

350a_img_8222.jpg

350a_img_8223.jpg

1/1000s in 1 piece each and have a wingspan of around 1".
1ka_img_8224.jpg

1ka_img_8225.jpg

1ka_img_8226.jpg

1ka_img_8227.jpg

and 1/2256s in 1 piece each and have a wingspan of around 3/8".
2256a_img_8228.jpg

2256a_img_8230.jpg

2256a_img_8231.jpg

I will be producing these through Cosmos Models and will offer them in single (350), double (1k) and triple (2256) packs, hopefully through the SSM Store. I will be priming and cleaning them up over the next couple weeks and hopefully have them out to cast in September! I have some cleaning up to do on the 1/144 files but will hopefully have them printed in September as well. Enjoy!

Nice...and with SketchUp - cool. I use that app alot but it never crossed my mind to use it to master models.

I should try something.

I'll post progress as I go, of course. All that needs to happen for the little guys is some primer and a tiny bit of tricky sanding. The bigger guy will need some good sanding and probably some scribing. I had designed panel lines into the file but they didn't really print at the 1/350 scale. They will show up well for the 1/144. Sorry, but a 1/72 would just be too huge....19m@1/72 = 10" long with about a 12" wingspan (and about $1000 to print. :eek:)

Mynock, yes. I plan on doing it in these same scales at some point...but not a 1/72 either. THAT one would be much more expensive to print...although I could probably print some parts and scratch build the main shapes....hmmm. Dammit! Now you've got me thinking too much about it!

And yes, SketchUp has been a really useful tool for me...while it's not necessarily designed for prototyping I've managed to utilize some special add-ons and mesh building techniques that are friendly to the printing process. :)

nicholassagan said:
Mynock, yes. I plan on doing it in these same scales at some point...but not a 1/72 either. THAT one would be much more expensive to print...although I could probably print some parts and scratch build the main shapes....hmmm. Dammit! Now you've got me thinking too much about it!

I'd pick it up at 1/144 mate, can't wait! Would look great with a couple of Annigrands 1/144 'eyeballs' (tie predators) chasin it!

Latest posts

Back