LED sources

Capt_Taggert

Never give up, never surrender!
This topic is probably out there somewhere, I just couldn't find it. What are good sources for LED's? Radio Shack is just too expensive.

I agree, Ebay is a good source. Radioshack is a plain rip off on price.

Just the usual warning about Ebay. Watch the seller feedback, and the shipping cost.

Also some of the sellers will include resistors so read the auction description carefully. Don't be afraid of the sellers from China, they are the cheapest.

Just so that I understand, you guys have airbrushes, compressors, spray booths, whole "man-caves", kits at $100-$500 a pop but a couple bucks of an LED at Radio Shack is somehow going to break the bank?

Just Mike said:
Just so that I understand, you guys have airbrushes, compressors, spray booths, whole "man-caves", kits at $100-$500 a pop but a couple bucks of an LED at Radio Shack is somehow going to break the bank?

Yes.

Just Mike said:
I'm in the wrong hobby.

Let me tell you a story I just contrived:

I was in need of an NTE3143 3mm Orange diffused LED. Instead of getting it from Mouser(or any other electronics parts warehouse), I impulsively went to the Radio Shack in my neighborhood. It just so happened that they carried that particular LED. I ended up buying it. When I returned home, I discovered that Squadron was selling the HB M1070 HET for $49.99 each. I was overcome with excitement as I added three of them babies to my shopping cart. I entered my card info and completed the order. BUT, I was soon disappointed. My order was not completed because the CC issuer declined the purchase due to my card maxing out by 68 cents. The cost of that stinkin' Orange LED I bought at Radio Shack. I was forced to swallow my pride and order only two M1070's. From that ignominious day, I vowed never to be taken in by the insidious Radio Shack Corporation again.

LOL!

But seriously, every dollar saved is another dollar for the hobby. And if you use as many LED's as I do, it really adds up over time.

Latest posts

Back