Lebanese Chrsitian Militia M41

okb1982

This is a restored Tamiya M41 Walker Bulldog.
I built this kit 10+ yrs ago already and I decided to repaint it with new colors and markings.
The paints that were used are Tamiya Olive Drab and Buff to lighten the shade up.
Preshading was done on a flat black color made from hardware spray paints.
Details were painted with Vallejo Acrylics.

The finishing materials are AK Dark Streaking grime, AK Rust Streaks, AK Dark and Rust Washes. AK Fuel stains were also used as well as AK Pigments.

The markings are for the Lebanese Christian Militias (Kataeb) during the Lebanese Civil War.

The arab script was handpainted using Vallejo Flat White. It reads as Hezb al Kataeb al Loubnaniya.

Not much stowages are there except for a single M16A1 rifle and a portrait of the Virgin Mary.

M41-1.jpg

M41-11.jpg

M41-10.jpg

M41-5.jpg

M41-9.jpg

M41-7.jpg

M41-4.jpg

M41-3.jpg

M41-2.jpg

M41-6.jpg

Cheers!

Iking

Love the green, simply looks perfect!

Never seen a model with references to religion before.
May I ask the context about the Virgin Mary?

luisito8m said:
Love the green, simply looks perfect!

Never seen a model with references to religion before.
May I ask the context about the Virgin Mary?

Thanks a lot Luisito!:D yup, I researched about vehicles during the Lebanese civil war and noticed that the Christian Militia (mostly Maronites) used religious icons specially Virgin Mary and the Crucifix. I talked to a former Lebanese and he told me that they indeed mostly used an image of the VirginMary for their tanks. They also attach posters or an actual crucifix on their vehicles.

Cheers!:D

iking

[quote
Thanks a lot Luisito!:D yup, I researched about vehicles during the Lebanese civil war and noticed that the Christian Militia (mostly Maronites) used religious icons specially Virgin Mary and the Crucifix. I talked to a former Lebanese and he told me that they indeed mostly used an image of the VirginMary for their tanks. They also attach posters or an actual crucifix on their vehicles.

Cheers!:D

iking
[/quote]

Quite interesting, definitively a great fervor on their belief. It is a unique model I may say.
Thanks.

Great job on this mate. 8) It's a beaut lookin tank. ;D

Latest posts

Back