Learning in Scale Modeling

What do you like about learning most in Scale Modeling?

• The history of the subject

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • The inner workings of the subject

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A new technique in building models

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • That I actually have the ability to build this thing!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think. I just do. Do or Do Not... that's what Yoda said.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • All or most of the above

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

DreamKnight

So what do you like learning about the most when building a model, making terrain, or painting miniatures?

All or most of the above. I'm finding that every build has a combination of new technique, or improving technique and the research factor. Even with sci-fi you learn alot about history. While researching the Xwings, for example, I learned alot about the origins of ILM, Lucas's production process, etc...

Scott Girvan said:
All or most of the above. I'm finding that every build has a combination of new technique, or improving technique and the research factor. Even with sci-fi you learn alot about history. While researching the Xwings, for example, I learned alot about the origins of ILM, Lucas's production process, etc...

Very good point! :)

Got to agree with Scott.
There's a lot to learn in building models, especially if you're paying attention to your subject.

Gotta go with "All of the above". It doesn't seem to matter if I'm looking at new kits, researching a build, randomly looking through referance books, sanding parts, waiting for something to dry or even looking at some past builds. It's "The Hobby". That one place where I can go (occasionally) and forget everything else for just a little while. Ahhhhhhh..............

Patience. There is a sense of relaxation when I build that eases tension and this is a result of practiced patience. Needed in both build and completing models, but also in my relationship with the other two legged meat bags that walk this planet.

Now if I could teach people to be patient with me... ;)

Gary said:
Patience. There is a sense of relaxation when I build that eases tension and this is a result of practiced patience. Needed in both build and completing models, but also in my relationship with the other two legged meat bags that walk this planet.

Now if I could teach people to be patient with me... ;)

I agree with this..."Zen and the Art of Model Building". Though there are times when it cranks my blood pressure up a few notches, most of the time I'm focusing on small details and before you know it its 2AM and you need to be up for work in a few hours. Good times.

Latest posts

Back