Last Hope Landrover

Does look good. I'm noticing the treads are gone. ;) Never mind the deadline, keep at er!

Hi there John...

Very good work over chasis & wheels, really convincent,

Cheers
Jelly

Cheers guys, I'm just running with my imagination with this one now. Added a funky paint job and the gun (frame just dry fitted) ;D
IMG_8030_zpsaf4fae7b.jpg
IMG_8031_zpsdba15e8a.jpg
IMG_8026_zpsec3ab95e.jpg
IMG_8037_zps9c513402.jpg
Ive added some more weathering and some more bits to the cab since the pics were taken, more soon ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looks good so far. I like the weathering and the odd coloured panels. Now lets see what you do with the front end? :)

Thanks Matt, I'm going for a white bonnet and maybe red and grey wings. It's a hippy zombie truck lol

Cheers lads, the chipping was done with Maskol (liquid mask) and the advantage of that against chipping mediums is that it's very quick to do three stage chipping. I did use chipping fluid on the buck and foot wells though.

Cool build, interesting colours, I love the ripped upholstery, it looks like you can see the yellow foam inside,.....subtle things like this make it very realistic,....

J

Definitely trying that method of chipping next!

Is it the same layering as fluid? You put down three separate color coats and used the Maskol at each stage?

Thanks John. And yeah Ian basically, I'll do a WIP of the bonnet to show you (hopefully tonight), so I went grey, sponge on the Maskol, light Olive green, sponge on the Maskol, orange. Then rub it all off with your finger ;) after that you can carry on sponge chipping as usual with paint or micro chip with a fine brush but I stopped after the orange.

Latest posts

Back