Last Hope Landrover

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
So now that the end date for the Dawn of the Apocalypse has been extended I thought I'd jump on board with my build that I started today. A 110 land Rover:
boxtop_zps7e13b646.jpg
So far I've built the engine and made a start on the chassis:
IMG_7963_zps966386cf.jpg
IMG_7961_zpse3b440ed.jpg
And I sifted through the box of spares and I've come up with a just a few parts......
IMG_7960_zpsecbd8f6d.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cheers guys. There's no way in hell that this is getting done by the deadline (unless its moved to the end of Jan... :D lol) but I'll keep plugging away until its done. I made the chassis and attached the exhaust and engine, and then dry fitted some bigger wheels and tires from some modern armour kit I had in the stash:
IMG_7966_zps1689ec73.jpg
IMG_7970_zps3e62dbce.jpg
I'll try and get some more done soon, hope you have a wicked Christmas guys! ;)

:) Hi there John,

following this... the 110 is my all times favourite 4x4.

Good choosing these large tires, it will add part f the Chef´s touch to the build :)
Later
Jelly

Cheers guys, I know it's boring looking at bare plastic but I may be able to start slinging some paint around over the holidays ;)

Thanks Kenneth. So I got some more work done, not much but some. I've found out that the wheels I was planning on using are too big, I could mess about and get them to fit but it would be a lot of work and they didn't look brilliant in the first place:
IMG_7971_zps85c3c422.jpg
I actually prefer these:
IMG_7977_zps2223f31c.jpg
I've added some more (the frame is dry fitted) and I like the look of it stripped down so I wont be adding the roof and sides.
IMG_7974_zpsd515c685.jpg
Thanks for looking as always ;)

Go on John, but apart from roof & doors, be sure not taking out the steering wheel ;D ;D

KUTGW !

Later :)
Jelly

Think it still looks good even w/o the fat rubber. liking it so far. As far as the tires, most of these vehicles in the bush have used stock size rubber anyways..

Thanks Cargoman5126, yeah I think they'll do. I've muddied up the chassis (mine has looked like this many a time lol), still some feathering out to do but 95% of it wont be seen so I'm not loosing sleep over it not being perfect. Next up the cab ;) Thanks for looking.
IMG_8006_zps72cd8e89.jpg
IMG_8004_zps5d5d2ddf.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back