Laser cut plants

TiM

Hi all,

While considering doing a base for my group build entry, I happened to 'discover' laser cut plants.
I've seen photo-etch foliage before, so I was actually trying to find some that I liked at a reasonable cost when I tripped over a review of paper plants.

The difficulty I'm finding is availability, either stock or cost to post what is effectively the same as a letter. :eek:

So, firstly does anyone have experience of laser cut plants - are they any good & are they worth it?
Next, any suggestions for manufacturer to look for or where to obtain?

I'm after 1/35 jungle type plants.. ;D

Hey there Tim,

I have a few in stock....but not the jungle plants, and have no intentions of getting more, as the ones I have had, I have had for the better part of 3yrs almost, they just don't sell that well.

The only ones I have used so far were Birch Leaves.

About the best pic I have is these ones.

IMG_1212-vi.jpg

IMG_1216-vi.jpg

IMG_1217-vi.jpg

They are Kamazukuri ones, and were before they starting coloring them (I think they are coloring then now), so I had to paint them, which weren't really that hard. Scratchbuilding the tree and putting the individual branches on the tree was mind numbing. Looking back on it now...I should have filled the tree out more, but for my first tree, I didn't think it was that bad.

Model Scene has some pre-colored ones as well, they come flat, so should be no problem with them being posted letterpost in a bubble envelope or something.

Hi, I found the manufacturer's website (it's a hoot putting Japanese through google translator btw) you mention and also a German one along similar lines.

I'm not that concerned about coloured ones as I'm getting pretty nifty with my airbrush (not really if I'm honest), just so long as I don't blow them away! ;D

Hear what you're saying about stock turn, I guess they are a niche item rather than a regular requirement... I am interested in getting a selection for future use, if it's on your shop I'll have a look Thanks. :)

Yeah I have a few left in stock...mostly tree leaf ones, Birch, Maple, Oak. There is a Grape Vine one, and a Hibiscus, which I think is just code for ground ferns or something.

Latest posts

Back