Landlocked Submariner Finally Finds a Hobby

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
Name's Brian....27 Years old, been in the Navy 5 years running and have recently run into some medical issues which have me stuck on land and ineligible to go back to sea. To pass the copious amounts of down time that I have I've taken up modeling and my searches have inevitably brought me across this fine gathering of like minded individuals. Just extending a warm hello to all the "old heads" and the up and comers as well. I look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone and getting some much needed input on my current build on the bench, new kits to purchase, and organizational mehtods to make my workstation much more organized.

Once I set up my FLCKR account or some other image hosting, I'll make sure to post a bit of my current work.

Thus far, I'm about 90% done with an AMT-ERTL Speeder Bike with diorama base and have a FineMolds 1/144 scale Millennium Falcon waiting in the wings for breaking out.

Looking forward to sharing a fruitful conversation with the lot of the herd

Cheers

-Brian STS2 (SS)

hey Brian welcome to the heard, Good bunch of lads here and always willing to help.

for photo uploads use photobucket, its easier and lets you store more on a free account :)
all you have to do is copy the code in the bottom of the list like in the pic below and paste it to you toppic.
photob.jpg

happy modeling

:eek: Speeder Bike ! me like!

DSC04910_resize-1.jpg

Welcome to the Heard ! Too bad about your med. issues... hope you can stay in the service ?
Weird that you don't build ships ??? being a Navy man ??? but that's Ok !

Glad to have another Star Wars Fan on board! Love you Fett Helmet !!! Awesome !

Take care buddy !

Thank you all for the warm welcomes...I've got the Buy it Now bug and I've already obtained 3 new kits this week alone. Hoping to post some pics of my work here soon....once i organize it into an album that is. Speeder bike is pretty much complete and my Falcon has just hit the base coat stage....starting work on my armor and tryin to track down a worthy Star Destroyer / AT-AT Kits

Latest posts

Back