LaFerrari - Tamiya 1/24

Madhatter

Greetings all

This is an in-the-middle-of-a-build-build - because I was waiting for some LED's to come in the mail. So, I decided to build this whilst I waited.
Despite making every effort to ensure all parts lined up correctly, there are still some fit issues with the body parts. The door assembly/mechanism is the biggest PITA, so I decided to glue the doors in the closed position. Who needs opening doors anyway? The only other minor thing I didn't like was the use of a decal over clear panels for mesh at the rear end - PE would be so much more effective - but alas, the shop I bought it from did not sell that set.
Things I really liked was the click in front and rear windshield - no glue residue possible. Fantastic engineering there.
No one sold TS86 paint, so I decanted TS8 from a rattle can and sprayed it on with an airbrush. So much better like that I think. Much more control over paint flow. I haven't used any clear coats or waxes on this - it didn't seem to need it.
I am sure a much better modeller could do a heck of a lot better than my attempt, but I enjoyed it.
Thanks for looking
MH

Nice to see one finished (or almost). When I looked through the instructions on mine and saw the opening doors, I kinda figured they would be a major pain.

Looks good though, love me a Ferrari!

Looks great. I find as I'm aging I have more trouble with small scale models. I don't know if my hands are steady enough for 1/24 scale. I'm getting ready to do a 1/16 scale Revell Germany 1951/1952 Volkswagen and that's about as small as I'd probably attempt. Getting old if so much fun. Beautiful Ferrari.

Thanks very much guys - glad it looks alright. I'm not normally a car modeller, so this was a bit different for me. I most happy with the finish of the paint work - it's come out so much better than I had hoped for
MH

Latest posts

Back