KV-1B on it's way to the front

Bullet21

Used the Tamiya kit and a set of Friulimodel track links. Also tried using pigments for the 1st time. Comments are welcome and encouraged, good or not-so-good. Improvement is easier if you know what you did wrong.
P1060083_zpsce201f55.jpg
P1060082_zps3a2a5d55.jpg
P1060081_zps73c14745.jpg
P1060080_zpsddf1963d.jpg

That tank turned out awesome!!!...if I would change anything, I would've added a bit of texture to the groundwork. I use CelluClay which can be obtained from Michaels Crafts for around $11 for a 5 lb bag. Then again, hiding those beautiful tracks half in soggy mud would be a shame

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback. Tbadger, I'll keep that in mind for the next one, thanks.

really nice work! i agree with TBadger that the base is looking just a little too flat. its more like a freshly mowed lawn. but maybe if you add some broken fencing and maybe part of ruined house, it may look like the tank is rolling through someones yard! (just an idea of course)

I see what y'all mean, it looks like it's been gently placed there where it should look like there's 43 tons of steel pressing those tracks into the ground. Maybe if I tried a bit of that celluclay stuff ( I went out and found some, thanks for the tip TBadger) and pressed the tracks in a bit before it dries?
Still trying to get the courage up to build a dio so I'm soaking up all these tips, I got lots to learn there too. Again, thanks for taking the time to look and give pointers. ;D

Hey Bullet, the tank turned out great! I hope you get the results you need from the celluclay. I used it years ago and hated it ;D. A company called MiniArt makes a lot of different scene accessories you may want to look at if you want to embellish your existing scene. The weathering and pigments look great.

Steve

Latest posts

Back