KRIEG ADLER

It looks great! This is part of the fun of MaK, the scratchbuilding opportunities.

the Baron said:
It looks great! This is part of the fun of MaK, the scratchbuilding opportunities.

Thanks for following along and here is a little more.

Let there be paint!

Terry

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

I also cut the canopy in preparation of having the cockpit open.

DSC02279.jpg

With the installation of the front strut I was able to close up the cockpit and work on the canopy layout. The canopy will lift forward supported by gas struts that I fabricated out of aluminum tube and copper wire. Here is how things look right now.

Terry

DSC02283.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

The newly manufactured gas struts.

DSC02285.jpg

Slide rails on the canopy frame.

DSC02286.jpg

The struts installed for the moment.

DSC02287.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words!

While the future is curing on the canopies I moved on to the wing/fuselage. The parts have decent detail on the outside, the inside is completly open. The area that appears to be air intakes is completly open and you can see the whole interior. So I'm working on closeing that up and adding details. More on that later. I have added more detail painting of the cockpit and a olive green wash to the seat as well a black wash to the rest of the interior. You will also notice that I have green tinted the upper glass of the rear canopy.

Terry

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

I love those struts on the canopy, too! Your detailing really pays off, given how visible everything is in that cockpit. Great job, I can hardly wait for your next update!

the Baron said:
I love those struts on the canopy, too! Your detailing really pays off, given how visible everything is in that cockpit. Great job, I can hardly wait for your next update!

Thanks Baron!

Here's a little more. Some engine work.

Terry

DSC02300.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02304.jpg

That's a nice way of dealing with the mold line on the exhaust bells. Those give MaK builders fits.

A little more engine work primarily on the nozzles. Scratch building is fun, but slow. You come up with the idea and then come up with how to build it.

Terry

DSC02307.jpg

DSC02308.jpg

DSC02309.jpg

Cracking work on the extras mym8,everything looks like it has a purpose and
belongs there!top marks...peza ;D

Outstanding detail you have added to this kit!!! Cockpit detail and instrument panel look awesome!!! The engine piping detail and ribbing on the thrust nozzles is incredible!!!

Latest posts

Back