Konigs Krote Ausf A

HWR MKII

This is the 1/20 scale konigs Krote. Its a very nicely made multimedia resin kit. Its also one of the more rare ma.K subjects. Yes the Konigs Krote did get a reissue recently but it is not the same as this version or the lunar version that was also available. Its built mostly straight from the box and was recently awarder 1st in its category in the IPMS region 10 contest. It was a fun build overall and i hope one is made in plastic eventually. I had a different base with figures planned but i just couldnt get it to work out in my head so i threw together a ruined building corner section. I figure earth was left alone for a good long while after its near destruction so there are plenty of almost unrecognizeable building ruins left. Perfect place for the machines and soldiers of the future to duke it out.

My hobby buddy arnie decided to stop in while i was taking the pics so i got a shot of him in.

Enjoy.

100_5948.jpg
100_5949.jpg
100_5950.jpg
100_5951.jpg
100_5952.jpg
100_5954.jpg
100_5956.jpg
100_5957.jpg
100_5958.jpg
100_5959.jpg
100_5961.jpg

Nicely done! I love the diorama very much. Paintwork on the machine is exquisit!

Very realistic weathering. Great groundwork too.

I really enjoy seeing your work, you're an awesome modeller. ;)

Chas

I'm gonna put my money on the cat though for the final battle....he already looks like he has his opponent figured out.

Wow! So well painted, superbly sculpted and the paintjob looks absolutely real! Love the fur as well. Oh wait, that's just your cat! The Kröte looks incredible as well. Love the paintjob with the subtle paint chipping and weathering. Very great base, too. :eek:

HWR MKII said:
This is the 1/20 scale konigs Krote. Its a very nicely made multimedia resin kit. Its also one of the more rare ma.K subjects. Yes the Konigs Krote did get a reissue recently but it is not the same as this version or the lunar version that was also available. Its built mostly straight from the box and was recently awarder 1st in its category in the IPMS region 10 contest. It was a fun build overall and i hope one is made in plastic eventually. I had a different base with figures planned but i just couldnt get it to work out in my head so i threw together a ruined building corner section. I figure earth was left alone for a good long while after its near destruction so there are plenty of almost unrecognizeable building ruins left. Perfect place for the machines and soldiers of the future to duke it out.

My hobby buddy arnie decided to stop in while i was taking the pics so i got a shot of him in.

Enjoy.

Hah, looks like a Tiger vs. Krote battle! ;D

Thanks guys. It was a fun build and i was luck to get it when i did.

Arnie is a great cat too. Whan i get stuck in a build i can just get one of his toy mice and we will play fetch for a little bit. Always brings it right back to me.

Latest posts

Back