Klingons off the port bow!

Gundamhead

I was gonna post in the sci-fi, but I saw this thread. Hope I'm not being too presumptious for this GB because I haven't participated in one before.

Anyway, the BOP is the old AMT/Ertl with modified wing position and a few added greeblies. The paint is just my green primer base coat, it's gonna be toned way down and weathered way up. The whaling ship is a scratchbuild. It'll have a crew and sit deeper in the water, but for now, I'm still working out what i want to use for water. I'm still trying to figure out the base shape and making a couple of humpback humps to hide under the BOP. Anyway here is the idea for the dio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19951055@N07/sets/72157626363055507/

Looks great so far I was planning a water diorama a while back with a 1/48 scale PBY. I found a model railroading product called Woodland Scenics - E-Z Water I never got to do the dio but it looked pretty easy all you had to do was melt the stuff. Here is a product description:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/RFluhr/woou1506.jpg

E-Z Water 16 oz.Vol.
Heat and pour E-Z Water according to package directions, to form ponds, streams, rivers and harbors. Non-toxic, low-odor product which requires no measuring or mixing. Hardens in minutes.

Woodland Scenics water products require no mixing, are water-soluble and flexible. Any water scene can be modeled using these products, including great waterfalls, raging rivers, still, quiet water and more. Create the illusion of water depth (before pouring water products) with Earth Colors Liquid Pigments. Add submerged items such as rocks, Dead Fall, junk, etc. before adding water, (using Water Effects as an adhesive). Dry 24 hours before pouring water.
1. Pour Realistic Water in prepared water cavity.
2. To make a waterfall, measure the fall area. Squeeze Water Effects onto non-stick surface.
3. Spread the Water Effects one-half inch longer than the waterfall length.
4. When dry, pull up Water Effects. Brush a little Water Effects on the back of the ends of the waterfall for adhesion and attach it to the area.
Purchase the Scenery Manual for additional information on how to use the Landscaping

Nice boat! I was going to build that scene, but I am too lazy/inept to build a proper scale boat.

A great project, love the fishing boat.

A classic movie; Don't forget the 'plas-glass' for the whale tank.

And if you get around to a video, remember that you can't just talk to the computer you need to use the 'mouse'!!!!

As Scotty said, "Computer, Computer"

Man, a month to go. I keep getting side tracked from finishing it. Honest! It's not forgotten!

Latest posts

Back