King Tiger group build?

Yep !!! what they said !!!

Great Job... and quick to !!!

I like the Camo !!!

and your dio is NUTS man.... Just Nuts... well done !

Hi,
Firstly I second what others have said. This will be one awesome diorama.

I do have one question. After the undercoat you painted red oxide, then the dunkelgelb. Why the red oxide?

Cheers,
Manfred

Cheers schweinhund227 and mknorr.

mknorr , I'm going to try something that I haven't read about and that's recreating scratches etc by using tiny pieces of wet and dry held with tweezers and scratch through the top coats to the under coat of red oxide, which I sprayed with several layers of Matt varnish. Where bare metal is visible I will scratch right through all the paint layers and paint the plastic with rust colour. We will see what happens.

Joolz

PS grey primmer/undercoat to show any flaws, they are easy to see as its a nice light colour, the red oxide as this is what the real things got primed with to help prevent rust. hope that helps answer your question.

cheers Joolz.

OK on with the spots.

dio064.jpg
dio063.jpg

The weathering begins and my this is scary!!

dio065.jpg
dio066.jpg
dio067.jpg

I feel that I'm half way there.

Your honest opinions please.
BB.

It looks great. I find it looks really new. Like a fresh paint job. I know you're just starting to weather it.

Hopefully some armor guys will jump in here and offer suggestions to get the right look. How dirty did you plan to make it?

Thanks to Scott's video I just checked this thread out. The base is really excellent.

As far as the tank, (which looks great) if this were mine, my next step would be applying the decals. I might even very lightly mist a thin yellow to tone down the bright decals as well as the contrast between the camo colors and tie them all together.

Then I would paint the details like the tow cables and machine gun etc. before going any further with weathering. That way everything gets weathered at the same time as the rest of the tank. Otherwise, they may look too bright and clean against a dirty tank. But like Scott said, how dirty did you plan to make it?

Spectacular thread, keep at it.

Ken

As you can see this kitty has been having fun in the mud. The final touches are going into the dio (more pic's soon) and I've just started the figures.
Thanks for the comments chaps, it really helps to motivate.

kingt.jpg

kingt5.jpg

kingt4.jpg

kingt2.jpg

kingt1.jpg

kingt3.jpg

Thanks for viewing See Ya Smile

Joolz, that's insane! Awesome. I am really looking forward to seeing this all finished.

Wowee I missed alot in two weeks. Not sure if it's too late yet, but if you can spray a highly thinned mixture of the base color (I use 85% thinner-15% paint) over the entire model. I use a flat paint with a couple of drops of flat white. I'm no expert at this by any means but I've been experimenting with it and it seems to work. Then apply any decals you'll be using and seal them down to protect them. Next I apply a pin wash, followed by a few mist coats of Buff where needed, and then weathering pigments until it matches the look you're after.
Nice job on the leaf-pattern camo btw, that can be very frustrating to apply some times.

Thanks for the kind comments chaps :)
More to come real soon, just been reading about painting figures, primer and base coat is on after changing a few of the figures with some minor surgery ;D
Cheers Joolz.

Every update on this one I find myself muttering "no way - that's just way too cool". Even my two sons ask how this one is going...

Great work.

OK,
This is my first go at painting 1/35 scale figures.
Here are the chaps that will be going into the dio.
They are about 4/5 done, just added the straps to the weapons which need painting, a bit more painting to touch up , then decals, weathering and finally a layer of Testors Dullcote.

SMAspringcompbuild0212000x1500.jpg

SMAspringcompbuild0202000x1500.jpg

SMAspringcompbuild0192000x749.jpg

BB.

i am completely shocked that this is your first dio. truly outstanding work. very inspiring :D

Latest posts

Back