King Tiger group build?

Scott Girvan said:
Joolz, this is so, so very good. Man you are modeling with such heart and detail. I am blown away.
You only have yourself to blame Scott! ;)
It was you that inspired me over a year ago, and you who introduced me to scratch building.
Many Thanks Scott, I truly mean it buddy.
Joolz.

It's all good. This hobby is a lot of fun and I'm glad you found that again. Wow, this is starting to sound like the Oprah show! But seriously, you are kicking this diorama's butt.

Wait a minute... WAIT an minute... WAIT A COTTON PICKEN MINUTE!

Joolze, you only started scratchbuilding and that a year or so ago? :eek:

Well, that does it then, I off to the fabric store to get some nice quilting material. Or perhaps knitting would be better for me. Cause compaired to what I've been doing for the last 8 years or so, your work looks like you've been doing this for a century or two!

You are a natural dude. I am in awe of you.

Incredible.Absolutely incredible. Dude, you have GOT to enter this in a contest when you get 'er done.

Glad you all like it, so far :)

Okay Doky getting really close now.

Tiles painted and added.
Frayofseabay2010068.jpg

Just a few more roof timbers added to the dio.
Frayofseabay2010067.jpg

A touch more here.
dio005-1.jpg

Here.
dio004-1.jpg

And here.
dio007-1.jpg

Time to add some leaves to the creeper (brown ones for winter). I'm using seeds from silver birch catkins that SWMBO collected for me. Eye strain here we come.
Frayofseabay2010069.jpg
Frayofseabay2010070.jpg

So far s good.
dio002.jpg

Attaching the telegraph wires to the insulators.
dio006-1.jpg

One last one then time for bed.
Frayofseabay2010065.jpg

Hope you enjoy?
BB.

LOL. This is so good man. You know when you see something and you just laught because it's so cool. I mean the level of detail - so cool.

At bit more done today.
Gutter and down spout done.
dio009-1.jpg
dio010-1.jpg

SWMBO wanted me to add some swallows nest under the eves, so whilst I had the magic sculpt out I made a few more bit of eye candy for the dio (my 1st time at sculpting).
dio011-1.jpg

A few tools, swallows nests x3, robins nest, coffee pot and cup, yard brush and some light bulbs. (OCD creeping in )
dio014.jpg

The box is open!
dio020.jpg

Joolz.

Hey BackBreaker, your eyes are going to need a serious rest after this...

This is just wild the amount of stuff you're putting into the build. Fantastic!

Scott Girvan said:
Just wild. Did you use a drinking straw for the gutter?

Scott I used drinking straws, a plastic tube that used to hold a balloon that the kids got from a local fair, when the balloon popped I nabbed the tube for my spares box (8 months ago) and some magic sculpt.

I must say this is a great kit, from what I've read on the interclick people hate the rubber bands that come with kits and much prefer replacing them with metal ones.
Not wanting to spend money its the rubber bands for me.
The detail is pretty good and I didn't have any problems fixing them to the model, or depicting the force of gravity, which I think turned out just fine. The front LHS wheel, just back from the drive sprocket has been slightly raised compared to the others, as this wheel is just coming into contact with the pile of debris infront of the main house.
I had some fine brass mesh in my spares box so decided to replace the fine black plasticy mesh that came with the kit.

dio012-1.jpg
dio017-1.jpg
dio013-1.jpg

I'd better get cracking! ;)
BB.

Hi Backbreaker the diorama is amazing I am definetly geting inspierd by this you are a tru craftsman mate.
Cant wait to se it with the tiger.

The King T is built with some minor damage, so its off to paint.
Tracks painted dark brown for starters, wheels primed and painted.
dio032.jpg

This is about the forth time I've used an airbrush :-[
On with the primer.
dio033.jpg

Then red oxide.
dio034.jpg

Then German Dark Yellow shade Dunkelgelb.
dio035.jpg
dio036.jpg
dio037.jpg

Back to the spraying. ;)
BB.

Where did you get that nifty lookin spray box? Or is that home made?

The girlfriend has laid down the law at my house...no more spraying on her kitchen table. And she never bought the whole tiny gangsta gnomes who were coming in and tagging the house while we slept theory.

The girlfriend has laid down the law at my house...no more spraying on her kitchen table. And she never bought the whole tiny gangsta gnomes who were coming in and tagging the house while we slept theory.

ScreamingSamuraiStudio said:

Screamin, the spray booth is this http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=4680 I bought mine from a UK online model shop for £62 , but it has since gone up to £75. My other half hasn't complained about paint since I started using it so it must be good. ;D

Started with the camo today all free hand as I wanted to try my hand at spraying free hand. I know the real thing was hard edged but hey why not. ;D A little bit more green then on to the brown.
dio039.jpg
dio038.jpg

Enjoy or criticize its up to you. ;)
BB.

Cheers JMac, :)

Last post for tonight.
The compressors tired and ready for bed ;)

Dots and weathering begins tomorrow.
dio043.jpg
dio041.jpg
dio042.jpg

See ya.
BB.

Wow. After watching this build I am seriously regretting not going ahead with mine. You are doing such a great job Joolz.

Latest posts

Back