King Tiger group build?

Did my chores then I started on the wood work. . .
Family081.jpg

Family085.jpg

Family083.jpg

Now I need ideas for broken glass. Anyone?

BORING!
Waiting for the indy track links to dry, and avoiding the temptation to mess with them. . . .

Great work on those dio's guy's!!! :eek: For broken glass, find some of that clear plastic packaging you get from stores. I used the packaging form a pack of dremmel sanding drums for mine. The thickness matches 1/35 scale nicely. Use a hobby knife to suggest cracks and blown out glass.

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

Thanks Ialarmu ;)

Started building and detailing the small garage.
P1000538.jpg
The glass was made by building the window frames, put them on a flat surface and add clear drying wood glue inside. When dry cut with sharp knife to represent broken glass.
P1000533.jpg
P1000534.jpg
P1000537.jpg
Later Joolz ;D

Excellent! completely BANG ON! Can't wait to see some paint on it, love the conduit and other little details. You see something new everytime you look at it.

Those are sah-Weet!
I am liking the tip on the glass, kind of a DUH moment! Why didn't I think of that?
Looks great too!

I hate individual track links. I hate having to apply zim.
But other than that this is still fun

I'm really getting into this Dio lark.
And flying by the seat of my pants.
Started to build the stairs that will allow the ambush team access to the upstairs
P1000544.jpg
P1000547.jpg

Made a door to go under the stairs, Made a shelf and brackets for the garage wall as well as a railway sleeper bench for added detail
P1000546.jpg
Painted the bench, made a pendant lamp shade for the garage out of plastic scrap.
P1000551.jpg
Coated the foam of the garage with a mix of PVA, Builders caulking, Plaster of Paris and water, gave all the timbers a coating or two with washes.

P1000550.jpg
Added the bombed out floor to the main building.
P1000555.jpg
P1000554.jpg
Made a base for the Dio, and checked the layout.
P1000556.jpg
Later Joolz

Wow, this looks really awesome. I love the bombed wood stairs and other wooden stuff. Incredible.

BB that dios of the scale mate love it!!! and Mac making that brick road way is awesome just wish i knew what spackle was ???

This is shaping up to be a fantastic group build. have to admit i nearly caved in and joined in with this a few weeks ago but have resisted (just no space or time)

Oh and if you were a wondering what could tempt me here she is http://blitzspearslab.blogspot.com/2009/10/tanks-tanks-tanks.html plus some of her pals.

Blitz

Hey thanks Blitz.
I am not too happy with the Zim on my tank.
I have one last idea to try but have to wait to get to the LHS to buy some green putty.
Though, the tamiya putty is getting easier to use some times.It just doesn't like to stick to the model in places I need it to stick and doesn't let go on places I need it to let go.

;) Ialarmu, Mac, Elend, Blitzspear thanks for the positive comments. Its my first Diorama and I'm having so much fun ;D.
Joolz.

You are doing an excellent job with that diorama thus far Joolz.

Remember you are going to need a lot of rubble around those buildings!

Chas :)

Thanks Chas,
Chas said:
You are doing an excellent job with that diorama thus far Joolz.

Remember you are going to need a lot of rubble around those buildings!

Chas :)

No worries Chas,
You should see the bag full I've collected in just building this puppy so far, plus I plan on casting hundreds of scale bricks, complete with frog, scale blocks oh and not forgetting sheets of thin plaster that can be broken up to add to the mix of rubble soup.
Joolz

I am in a bit of a bind Tiger Wise.
I want to try the Green Putty thinned, but am financially embarrassed right now.
AND; I have two other GB's I am working on. . .I just cannot seem to say NO. . .
AND; I have to clean the area I was using for the dio base, which is pretty much done with all the messy parts.

I thought of that, but research shows zimmerit was applied at the factory until November of 44. . .And I wanted to do Oosterbeek in September October 44. So, I condemned myself!
It would be a nice learning experience HA!
Well, sort of, I know what doesn't work so far!
Artistic license may have allowed me an out, but oh well. . . .

Latest posts

Back