King Tiger group build?

OK so here we go. ;)
Made some templates of the windows from thin card, to allow me to make frames for each of the windows. Used blue tack to hold the styrene in place.

P1000611.jpg

Some of the finished windows.

P1000629.jpg

I then wanted to recreate a representation of wood lath and plaster for the ceilings. I cut very thin strips of balsa and pushed them into a thin layer of builders caulk and pva mix that I had spread onto a sheet of paper.

P1000612.jpg
P1000613.jpg
P1000614.jpg

After the sheet had dried I gave the upper surface several washes of black to age it.

P1000627.jpg

I also added wall paper to the downstairs, and repainted the wooden skirting boards and door surround a dark mahogany colour. I also added a floor surface to the down stairs. The door was added to the under stairs cupboard as well as adding a coat hanging rack to the wall inside.

P1000630.jpg

Bid a bit more dry brushing to the outside, windows in place.

P1000636.jpg
P1000632.jpg
P1000637.jpg
P1000639.jpg
P1000640.jpg
P1000643.jpg
P1000644.jpg

Still loads to do. ;)

Did a bit more dry brushing of the corrugated sheets, and reshaped them as they had gone a bit flat.

P1000645.jpg
P1000646.jpg

That's all for now folks.
BB.

Any comments are help full.

Well I've had a great Christmas but, not much modelling has taken place, you know places to go and people too see ;)
Started to scratch some of the bits and pieces for the inside of the house.
Making some radiators from sheet styrene and plastic lolly pop sticks, more work needed here to finish them but you can get the idea. Made a broken mirror and a picture for the wall.
Also made an overcoat from Rizla paper, to hang on the coat hooks under the stairs; still needs painting.
Also started to make the ends of a double bed which will be painted white and added too the piles of debris.
P1000671.jpg
P1000672.jpg
BB.
PS hopefully I'll get back up to speed soon .

DSC07040_resize.jpg

DSC07039_resize.jpg

It seems I might be the only one WITH a "Built" & "Painted" Tiger II
So... I should not be in your Black Books !

and Life.... has taken another course....
Sorry No room for a Big Dio ! the 38" Darth Vader SSD took the Shelf !!!

I'll keep watching.... and weathering my Tiger II
But I want to do a Figure for sure.... My figure Camo Decals just showed up !!!
Should be fun !!!

By no means... Keep going... you've gone so far.... would be a shame to stop !!!
All you need in there is a Tiger !

BackBreaker - my only comment is .... WOW! Looking superb!

I have halted my King Tiger ATM, the missus bought me "Sculpting a Galaxy" for christmas and Ive gone StarWars mad again - and consequently got out the Venator ive been working on.

but! Ill be back soon I reckon ...

Kudos to the hund for actually getting one built and painted!

Loving the scenic Backbreaker. Really nice details!

I love how the tiger is looking there schwein. Did you do the Zim yourself? Or was it part of the kit?

i love those microbrushes they are so awesome for applying ca without it getting everywhere

DreamKnight said:
I love how the tiger is looking there schwein. Did you do the Zim yourself? Or was it part of the kit?

Hey ! DreamKnight

The Zimm was part of a KingTiger thin zimmerit from ATAK ! Nice stuff.. but I think mine was overpriced !

I ended up with 2 sets.. and those left overs were just crying to be used ! The ATAK kit came with a Rear Plate
so... the hard part was done ! Toss the Tamiya and In with the new !

Front Glacis and sides are pretty much original from ATAK ! the turret is another story !
it is basically Pieced together... from many Front Glacis reproduction... I used a Silicon Mould and pourred my Own thin sheets...

it's far from being perfect but.. I like it !!! I haven't done much weathering... yet ! I moved on to other things...

I'll keep it on my To Do list....

Norm.

OUT !

That is some awesome work on your Tiger as well as the Diorama. This will look awesome once finished. :D

Well having had a bad few weeks I'm getting back to feeling half human again. :)

So built a telegraph pole from balsa, styrene, wire and the insulators made from sprue that I turned in my dremel and shaped with the heal of a craft knife to create a decent shape.
P1000718.jpg

Finished the radiator, and bed ends,scratch built a drop leaf table, a chest of draws with slight damage and a wardrobe.
P1000717.jpg

Started to paint the furniture by building up thin layers of oak colour too add a grain effect and try to create a sort of walnut/mahogany colour scheme. More layers needed.
Also scratch built a couple of dinning chairs from styrene.
P1000721.jpg

Next I painted the Rizla overcoat and hung it on the coat hooks under the stairs. Hollowed out a pair of boots from a 1/35 figure out of the spares box to represent a pair of wellington boots. Also added a shooting stick propped against the wall and a walking stick, hanging on the coat hooks.
P1000724.jpg

I thought I'd try something that I haven't seen before, using Mica to create broken glass in the windows. Got this bag for £1, and although the sheets are thin being Mica it is easy to cleave , thus each sheet can be split into 3, maybe 4 sheets, resulting in very thin pieces indeed.
P1000725.jpg

This sheet can in fact be split into 3 or 4 more sheets.
P1000726.jpg
P1000728.jpg

This is the Mica in the window frame.
P1000723.jpg

Added all the windows to the house, and filled the tiny gaps around the frame.
Hinges and handles added to the upstairs windows.
P1000722.jpg

Well that's it for now and hopefully I will be up to full speed again.
Thanks for viewing and comments/feedback welcome. :-[
BB.

Joolz, you are owning this. Amazing job friend. You should be really proud of what you've accomplished.

This is really incredible. :eek: I really love that wood effect on the chairs, even if it's unfinished. It looks great already. Keep up the good work. :eek:

Is this build dead? It was going sooo well. Don't give up Joolz! You can finish it!

Please don't give up! This build is so amazing and I got so many ideas out of your build. Can't wait to see this build finished!!!!

Latest posts

Back