Jimmy Stewart Bomber Pilot and Model Builder.

Jim62

I just started reading the book "Jimmy Stewart Bomber Pilot" and found out that Jimmy Stewart was a builder of model airplanes along with his buddy Henry Fonda. I got a real kick out of reading that. Really good read so far as well.

It is very interesting, as well as learning about all the Hollywood actors that volunteered to serve. Not a chance we'd see that kind of patriotism out of Hollywood today, instead they'd be cancelling the patriots. Sad to think about that.

tenor.gif

1941 quote from Jimmy Stewart that is still relevant today. "It may sound corny, but what's wrong with wanting to fight for your country. Why are people reluctant to use the word patriotism?"

Here's another fun celebrity/ person of interest modelling fact.
Some readers already know this, while some will not.
Peter Cushing was an avid modeler with a specific refined penchant for military miniatures.
What you may want to really notice is that he doesnt only paint them by hand....he MAKES them from drawing paper.
Take a close look.
You can see it in the first minute or two when the camera zooms in.
Incredibly talented and humble man.

Enjoy THIS little beaut.

Cool thanks for sharing the video. Peter Cushing was a great actor and his figure work is amazing.

Yes, Cushing was a toy soldier collector. Michael York is, too.
Among modern celebrities, Mike Myers collects toy soldiers, or more specifically, what we'd call collector's toys. There's an annual show every fall in New Jersey, that I visit, and he was there a couple of years ago.
The late singer Mel Torme was a modeler. Actor Ken Berry was a modeler, and a fan of Revell's car models.

Latest posts

Back