Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair - Chief ILM Star Wars Model Maker & More

Hey guys:

A new, special exhibit was just added to Jerseyfest that will showcase a spectacular array of large scale, Sci-Fi vehicle and mecha models. It includes ”studio scale” pieces and other unique, large sized builds. The models were created by some of the most talented artists in the garage kit hobby including Jason Eaton, Mike Salzo, Al Camisa (aka IED Bountyhunter), and more.

Several pieces will be on display in a separate room, many of which accurately depict original models used in films or TV programs like Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica and other classics. All Jerseyfest attendees will have access to the exhibit room on Saturday and Sunday during the vendor show, which is included with the price of admission into the show. Below are some examples of the many models that will be on display at this exhibit:

Star Wars: Imperial At At, Imperial Probe Droid, Snowspeeder, X-Wing, Cloud Car, Imperial Dispatch PPD

Battlestar Galactica: Colonial Movers, Antique Viper, 31 Inch TOS VIper, Ragtag Ships, Colonial Shuttle

Various Mechas from: Macross, Ma.K

See more show news here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Salzo-At-At-Two.jpg
Probe-Droid-Eaton-e1378311609447.jpg

Why do I live in the UK!! I'd love to go to this. Anyone want to take my 1/72 Falcon to enter for me!!!?

Hey guys:

The entire Jerseyfest team was blown away by how big and successful the show was this year! We are grateful for all the attendees, vendors, artists, support team, etc. who participated. We just posted a gallery that contains hundreds of pictures from the show. It shows the incredible amount, quality and diversity of models and art that were for sale and on display, plus how much fun it was for everyone for 3 days. Click here to view the gallery: 2013 Jerseyfest Model & Kit Statue Fair » JerseyFestFair Lots of pictures of Sci-Fi vehicles and mecha models are included in the mix, so keep going through the gallery.

We applaud the hobby community because so many people believed in and showed up for this convention from all over the country and even from outside of the USA.

Also would like to again say thank you to Steve Wang, Lorne Peterson, Jeff Yagher and all of our other guest presenters for making the show extra special.

In summary...

- Over 65 people attended Jerseyfest Academy classes, which occurred the day before the vendor show started. The programming and artists were first rate - thank you guys.
- We had over 112 vendor tables, and sold out.
- Many vendors did great with sales. The various kits, art and products for sale were phenomenal.
- The contest room was jam packed with 32 tables filled with 349 entries - the quality was jaw dropping.
- Every presentation/demo was a home run with great presenters that covered diverse topics, and had great audience turnouts.
- The hallways and bar were packed with partying hobbyists having great conversations and laughs all day and night. Even had great food and drink just like the old basement days :wink: ). We were all one big family, but this time there were hundreds of us.
- I was happy to see many folks from the Sci-F and hardware community embrace the show, which I know will keep expanding every year.

But there's always things that could have been better and room for improvement, and we will work even harder for next year's show.

Hope to see many of you at Jerseyfest in September of 2014 for an even bigger and better show. Much more info to come, so stay tuned.

Cheers to this great hobby of ours !

Thanks,
Dave
JerseyFestFair » Model Kit & Statue Fair

Latest posts

Back