Jeep's 1/16 scale King Tiger project

Jeep

Above is partial completion with my stack of references, References include a road trip down to Aberdeen proving grounds which still has a JagdTiger rusting away, the Ferdinand and King Tiger went to Knox, the Tiger is finally out of Germany but only made it back as far as Britain.

This is a 1/16 scale King tiger (unpowered) That I have been working on for a little while now. It features hand applies zimmerit using squadron putty and a lot of patience. The paintjob is the base coating of the camo pattern applies with a pair of Paasche VL, and H and a Iwata airbrushes. The colors are as close as I could make them, the dunkelgreb ( a mixture of Tamyia buff and desert yellow), tamyia red brown and nato green in a ambush scheme. Whether or not I find a Porsche turret tiger in this scheme is another matter! I have not yet finished it yet as I am still researching details, hopefully a particular tank. I would also like to use a brass super detail kit but since I am laid off, the cost is prohibitive right now.

Latest posts

Back