Japanese HO-NI 75mm Self-propelled Gun

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
This was Japan's countermeasure to the Sherman. The kit is the Tamiya"s 1/35th scale item. Built a
basic interior and placed a driver at the controls. Cut all hatches/vision ports to open position. Replaced
all molded-on handles/tiedowns with seperate items. Replaced kit engine deck vent with new one:
made seperate screen slats and a shadow box cavity beneath. Added mesh to muffler guards and a wire
tow cable. Also detailed tank tools. Thinned down and battle damaged fenders. Crew and soldiers are
Tamiya and Dragon kits(some converted). Painted with Vallejo acrylics. Kit decals used. The base is
styrofoam covered with wood putty and painted. Various plants and palm tree made from Craftstore
plastic items.
modpics19002.jpg
modpics19014.jpg
modpics19025.jpg
modpics19016.jpg
modpics19024.jpg
Comments, pointers, and critiques are welcomed. Thanks for viewing. Bill

I like it PzMan!!! Don't see enough obscure Japanese armor around!!! Really liking the camo work!!! ;)

:) I just can say the same as the mates, Panzerman, and uncommon subject.

I like very much the camo scheme & the painting of the model, seriously, man...

The jungle is vivid & extravagant, adds definitely a touch of coolness to the scene...
Cheers, Panzerman, keep on ! ;)
RG

Another nice one Bill. Japanese armor doesn't get much attention which is sad because I like their camo scemes.

Thank you everyone. I'm glad you all liked my humble offering. I thought the cloud
pattern camo would look cool. It's too bad there's not alot to choose from when it comes
to alternative(reasonably priced) armor out there. Don't want to pay the high dollar for resin choices.
Thanks again. Bill

Latest posts

Back