JaaJ Releases 48th scale Su-22 Slats and Flaps

sharkmouth

Promise I won't bite... hard
Joe Backanovic, the former owner of Tiger Model Designs, has released his first limited run set as Just an average Joe (JaaJ). It is available only from his eBay store for $45USD. Click any image to visit the store.

DSCN1893.jpg

DSCN1894.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

DSCN1908.jpg

DSCN1910.jpg

DSCN1912.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

The following description is from his eBay listing:
In building for myself, I decided I did not like the old Cutting Edge slats and flaps for the KoPro/Eduard SU-22 kits, so I made my own. The pictures show the first castings from the molds I made of my masters. I am casting themto order using the same resin I used when I ran TMD.

As I now have a set of molds and some spare resin, and because the CE sets can be hard to find and expensive to buy, I have decided to offer castings of my work to anyone who'd like to buy them. At the moment, I do NOT intend to start another full-blown resin company, so these will be a limited run deal. When these molds die, I can't promise I will ever make another set. I'm just trying to share my work with anyone out there who would be interested in buying it from me. Besides, it will help fund my hobby ;-)

Again, what you see is what you get, but I want you to understand this is ONLY the outer wings, ailerons, slats and flaps. I did NOT make the flare dispensers, air brakes or rudder like the CE kit. HOWEVER, I did make a set of inner flap inserts that DO NOT require you to do any more cutting than to remove the flap. I also made an insert to fill the void behind the outer wing when it is shown swept forward.

I did not make this item to "correct" any major deficiencies in the kit, I built it off the kit parts and made it to be consistent with the rest of the kit's appearance. Ease of use was more important to me than 100% accuracy. The only cutting necessary is to remove the inner flaps and shave down the inside of the plastic wing until the insert fits correctly. It's easy and can be done with a chisel blade in about 5 minutes. And, if you "goof," you just laminate a thin piece of plastic stock in place and you're back in business.

I consider this to be an intermediate kit and should be a piece of cake for anyone who has ever worked with a resin conversion such as this one.

Latest posts

Back