I've never heard of them hitting anything this big before...

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
That's right! Space reserved for a 1/144 Sandcrawler dio...

e4s_key_203_r_sandcrawler.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

alright, you know the plan and here's where it stands. except the plan has changed and i'm doing this build with the front door on A HINGE and building an interior!!

engine plates
crawler_img_4577.jpg

crawler_img_4617.jpg

fiddley bits
crawler_img_4578.jpg

crawler_img_4579.jpg

crawler_img_4618.jpg

crawler_img_4603.jpg

bottom (hole from me for lighting)
crawler_img_4604.jpg

side
crawler_img_4605.jpg

face back
crawler_img_4606.jpg

face top
crawler_img_4607.jpg

face!
crawler_img_4608.jpg

back end (will drill a little bit to lighten)
crawler_img_4609.jpg

some good detail in there!
crawler_img_4610.jpg

here too
crawler_img_4611.jpg

crawler_img_4612.jpg

slight fit issue
crawler_img_4613.jpg

crawler_img_4614.jpg

setting the scene
crawler_img_4619.jpg

crawler_img_4620.jpg

crawler_img_4621.jpg

heavy bottom
crawler_img_4615.jpg

crawler_img_4616.jpg

This is going to be a fun project on the basis of the painting and weathering alone...Really looking forward to getting it to that point...

Man that looks good, where did I put my wallet? What method are you going to use for the chipping?

Good question. I've never tried the hairspray method. I did try acrylic paints over a coat of future over a coat of metal but the paint tore more than chipped. I'm inclined to try the Micro Mask-on-a-sponge method combined with some hand work.

She's going to be a good dio.
But I'm feeling sorry for your poor soon-to-be-abused dremel

Since most of the big pieces are roto-cast I'll mostly use a hack saw. But there will be some light Dremel duty to clean up some spots, mostly making the open front nice and shapely...

Spent a good bit of time hacking at this beast with my Dremel and drill. The base was pretty heavy so I drilled a bunch of lightening holes while at the same time opening up the front ladder entry spots. You can see the blue markings where I still need to shave it all down to make room for the internal levels buildup.

crawler_img_4655.jpg
crawler_img_4657.jpg
crawler_img_4658.jpg
crawler_img_4659.jpg

I also used a cutting bit to open up the roto-cast pieces (there are some THICK spots!) and removed the front door. I also hollowed out one of the side entry ramp sections.

crawler_img_4693.jpg
crawler_img_4695.jpg
crawler_img_4696.jpg
crawler_img_4697.jpg
crawler_img_4698.jpg
crawler_img_4699.jpg
crawler_img_4700.jpg
crawler_img_4701.jpg
crawler_img_4702.jpg

Wow ! What a fantastic build . The Sandcrawler has always been one of my favourite Star Wars craft and I've always harboured plans to build one . Can't wait to see her with some paint on . Keep up the good work . ;D

Latest posts

Back