I've never heard of them hitting anything this big before...

Absolutely jaw-dropping!
And I am millimeters away from buying this kit - it is almost too good!

Progress continues! Took the drill to the back end a bit to lighten the load. Also added all the detail parts the engine section.

crawler_img_4723.jpg

crawler_img_4725.jpg

Started building the base plate up as well as the tread assembly. All the treads will stay separate until they are painted.

crawler_img_4729.jpg

NOW the fun part really starts: the interior!!! I basically carved out some more areas of the base and rebuilt the surfaces with styrene to keep them leveled out. As the building of it went, it was and still is pretty improvisational. All I’m keeping in mind is that there has to be room for the light to bounce around pretty well and room for a crane (plus room for the forward section’s levels).

crawler_img_4733.jpg

crawler_img_4734.jpg

crawler_img_4736.jpg

I also realized I wanted the front ramp/door to be hinged so I devised a method utilizing a rod with magnets on either end. There will be corresponding magnets on the main body, too. Knowing that the ramp would be down, I started building up the detail on it, with a corrugated plate and some “tracks” for unloading/loading heavy stuff.

crawler_img_4737.jpg

crawler_img_4740.jpg

crawler_img_4752.jpg

crawler_img_4753.jpg

Lastly for this update, I hollowed out the bridge windows.

crawler_img_4760.jpg

Sweet! You bit the 12 gauge slug! Rad. FYI y'all I got my LEDs and will wire them this week (maybe...I have that NX to finish up quick and an art show to install this weekend...). AND I ordered some Micro Machine Jawa figures. They might be a little large but they might actually look decently in scale. We'll see.

Awesome build, you're not shy of doing some serious work man!

looking forward to watching this!

Thanks! I picked up the Micro Machine Jawas to go with it but they might be just a tad too big...I'm not sure how to go about making them. I do have some 1/350 figures I could dip in brown paint...they might be a bit small but if I could find 1/288 figures they'd be perfect!

Finally decided to attach the front section. I should still be able to build it up pretty well. Also playing around with the little Micro Machine Jawas. They’re about twice the size of what I need but they might be fun anyway…we’ll see if I can conjure up smaller versions somehow, someway. Actually, is anyone experienced with the shrinky-dink casting stuff?

crawler_img_4987.jpg

crawler_img_4988.jpg

crawler_img_4989.jpg

crawler_img_4990.jpg

crawler_img_4991.jpg

crawler_img_4992.jpg

crawler_img_4993.jpg

I'm actually going to order a trial batch of that HydroSpan shrinking resin and make some 1/144 Jawas!!

Latest posts

Back