Italeri Sunderland MK.I (#551302)

sharkmouth

Promise I won't bite... hard
"Italeri’s Sunderland MK.I Delivers All New Tooling
Edison, NJ. Italeri releases its newly tooled Sunderland MK.I (#551302). This well known “Flying Boat” was used in WWII by the Royal Air Force’s Coastal Command. Utilized for reconnaissance and patrol duties, the 1065 horsepower aircraft was also used for long range missions even in tough weather conditions.
Italeri’s 1/72 kit of this famous seaplane features highly realistic engine and exhaust as well as finely engraved recessed panel lines and rivets. All weapons have been carefully reproduced including the sliding rack of depth bombs used for attacking U-boats. You’ll note interesting features like the beach gear, which is the wheeled trolley that allowed the flying boat to be removed from the water when necessary. Inside, the cockpit area is so well done that even in 1/72 scale you can clearly see the painstaking care taken with the instruments, seats and other areas. A plentiful photo-etched fret neatly handles the kits many authentic details. The model includes markings for six different versions. Also enclosed is an informative Photographic Reference Manual which features a brief history as well as technical details and photos.
Model Rectifier Corporation is the exclusive U.S. marketer for Italeri kits.
Item #: 551302 Sunderland Mk.I 1/72 Scale MSRP $79.00"

Regards,

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back