Italeri 1/48 C-130 Hercules

MilitaryAircraft101

Ok, hi people.

My dad built this C-130 in the 80s, and in those 30 odd years, parts have broken off etc. So when he gave the model to me, I decided that as my last modelling splurge before I put my money into getting my wings, I'd buy the resources to fix her up to her former glory, including a repaint of the outside, with an airbrush. The following will be the things I'm changing/redoing.
Casting prop blades, as 15/16 are broken off/lost.
Casting missing gear doors.
Replacing broken gear with white metal.
Replacing missing wheels with resin parts.
Repainting with SAC Bomber Tan/SAC Bomber Green/Dark Green on top with Flat Gull Grey underneath.
Repainting the canopy.
Reattatching the cargo doors.
Reattatching the droptanks.
Filling seams that have developed over 30 years on a bench.
Decalling with 36 Squadron RAAF Decals, A97-009.

That's about it, but it should be good fun!!

Canopy masked and placed in on model, but nooo CLACKED CANOPY!!!!!!! Anyway, it won't be visible under the camouflage. Also some filling work done, but auto filler will be used. I'm going to build some moulds for the prop blades and gear doors, so if anyone knows about 2 part moulding, my ears are wide open.
Clear as mud? ;D Good

That link is to a C-130A conversion set, that includes props, tanks, windows and references. For around $20.00, not too bad. Anyway, see how the blades/hubs are laid out, that's the best way to make your own.

Yeah, thanks Gundamhead, it will help with the layout, but it's a bit of a confuzzling build if you ask me... Oh well, learning experience!

Latest posts

Back