Issue with Revell Galactica Instructions .

Thundergod

Sorry if this is "old news" , but I've come across a mistake with the instructions to the Revell "re-pop" of the ( modern era ) Galactica kit . The sheet tells you to cement both fuselage halves together and THEN join the completed "head" sub-assembly to the main body . Unfortunately the instructions DON'T show a connecting "lug" on the head that needs to fit BETWEEN the fuselage halves . I only noticed this AFTER I'd cemented the fuselage together , but didn't consider this TOO big a problem as I then just removed the "lug" and cemented the head in place . The real problem revealed itself once the cement had fully dried , as the head then sat incorrectly and was angled ever so slightly upward ! I removed the head and had to add small shims of styrene strip to correct the angle of the head so that it sat horizontally . So far , this seems to have solved the problem , but I've now got to blend in/disguise the fix and the obvious lesson learned is to TEST FIT before getting out the cement ! ( You'd have thought I'd learnt by now !!) But , in my defence , the instruction sheet diagram doesn't feature this connecting lug , so it's an easy mistake to make . I know the original Moebius instructions come with some corrections , and I don't know if this problem is one highlighted , but I thought I'd just point it out to anyone about to embark on building the Revell version . ;)

Latest posts

Back