Israeli MD 500 Helicopter

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
Hey, fellow aircraft addicts. I'm submitting for your approval or rancor my 1/48th scale Hasagawa kit of this fast
little helicopter.
Interior detailing: Added various bins, dial/guages, collector lever, and handles. 1st aid box and fire extinguisher
also added. Pilots detailed with helmut mikes and seatbelts. Exterior detailing: Shadow boxed and detailed
targeting sensor. 3 early warning arrays added. Cable cutter, rotor base linkages, and engine housing details
added. Wiring added to rocket pods and pilons. Also added missile tips to pods. Radio antenna added to tail boom.
Painted with Vallejo acrylics in Israeli 3 color camo. Outsourced decals from other kits.
modpics21379.jpg
modpics21387.jpg
modpics21380.jpg
modpics21385.jpg
modpics21383.jpg
Thanks for viewing and HAPPY MODELING. Bill

Funny. One of the kits I recently unearthed in my cellar has an option to build an earlier version of that chopper, based on the AH-6 rather than the MD500...

It calls for an overall tan paintjob - no camo, just a big V on each side of the fuselage.

You wouldn't have some interior shots, by chance? I would love to see the details...

Great looking little chopper ! love the camo ...well done :)

Chris.

Phil, this one is great a very confined space but you still manage to modify it, Amazing work!! :eek:

I always liked the look of that heli + Israeli paint schemes are crazy.
Great job - you've got my approval! ;D

Cheers!

Bill,

Once again you have shown us an outstanding build. the atten. to detail is awsome!

Rob

Thanks everyone, its greatly appreciated. Have to agree, that Israeli camo is so cool.
See you in the forum.
Good luck to everyone participating in the Big Spring Contest.
Bill

Latest posts

Back