ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

Thanks, folks! :)
Well, didn't decide what to take up next. Tere is my AMT Falcon lying near by, but it is a big complex project like this one, and I think that I need to relax in the field of modeling now a bit :)
Want to pick something that would cool even without lighting, and will be fun for painting in colors other than canon starship's gray tone.

Maybe this lad. Not completely decided yet ::)

Pod-Racer-3-1024x768.jpg

Yeah thats a good choice Sol, mix up the colours a bit! It seems that everything I put through my airbrush is grey to lol

Re: ISD "Avenger" [FINISHED!]

Well, finally, this project is FINISHED!!!
Can't really describe how happy I am that I can now turn to something else (joking...partially) ;D
Haven't done the slide show for YouTube yet, so for now, guys, please turn the Imperial March on you computers for yourselves ;)

Wow!!! To sum it up in one word. :eek:

Thanks for posting such a detailed build thread Solander it's been very inspiring and helpfull to my modification of this kit.
You've done a beautiful, professional looking job here.
8)

AWESOME !

The display stand is great, the mirror give a perfect look at the bottom and the details, and you ISD is even better lighted !

Outstanding job ! THumbs up !

Concerning your next choice of Star Wars Kit, the Podracer can be a fun thing to do (with lights, and all) but can't you consider to build something big and powerful ? The ATAT maybe ? From Revell... With the corrections of course. Or you may chose something cool and full of details like a Fine Molds kit, a Tie Fighter or the Y wing ? :D

THAT IS INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!!!!!!
Excellent work!
The entire build is beautiful, and about a million times better than the original kit itself.
You can take some pride in this Star Destroyer!
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bravo, Sol!! I've thoroughly enjoyed following this build from start to finish. Immense vision and ingenuity went into this and it really shows. Got that new camera just in time to show this off! ;D 8)

Iv just chucked all my models out the window. I give up. Seriously though man this is incredable, and you photography skills need a mention to! Some of those pics could be screen grabs from the film! Absolutely stunning.

holly ... ! :eek:

You've reallised an impressiv job! really impressiv! It will be a really good instructions way for the futur building of this kit!

Congratulations!

Thank you for the compliments guys, and for your support and advice during this build. I'm sure I wouldn't have gone even a quarter of all these without the interest form your sight - would have just glued everything together oob with the words "that should do" ;D

To tell the truth, the camera did all the main work itself. I only stood in the way, ruining the focus on most of the shots, these are the most focused I've grab, still with some noise here and there. Have just to learn not to do anything and let the electronics do its job ;D

On the next project - well, I chosen a kit, the one which was calling to me from the stash for a way to long, and I thought "Why waiting?"
Have already worked on it yesterday, hope to upload first pics this evening after work ;)

BTW, guys, I've found that we can not alter the name of the posts after some time from their uploading anymore. Could anyone of the moderators change the status in my topic name to [finished], please?

Didn't realize you'd taken more pictures.......just a stunning job mate, it puts the studio props to shame it really does. ;D

And they say CGI has killed the art of model making.....this proves them wrong.

Grats dude. 8)

TTFN Matt

Latest posts

Back