ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

I think this should feature on the front page of the site when completed!

Alright, guys, some more progress to show you.

I've given weathering to the base and the little starships, added some rust streaking with the AK stuff to the sides of the base, touched with tamiyas pigments here and their and then sealed it all up.

It was then when I tried adding some panneling to the hull of the ship, but it turned out awfull, like a spider's web over everything, and nothing near the studio model look.

So I've taken all the lines off with a rubber, but not completely, as I thought that I can play on the effect of the almost invisible lines shading.

And after that I've tried a different way of applying pannels - randomly light and narrow lines all over the place. The work of the guys from ILM on the SS Destroyer looked much like that to me. And looks like I wasn't mistaken - to my taste it looks much better now.

Please, let me know what do you think, guys, as it is yet not to late for me toclear the hull of the pannel lines completely once again, without doing any harm to the under-levels.

Yup what he said! Leave it on I reckon, man this is great and the paint job on the blockade runner and falcon is amazing!! This is wizard!

This ship is just completely awesome!!!!!
When can I see her all lit up?
;D

Thank you, guys!
Well, then the panel lines stay as they are. I've just complete them on the upper hull, so it is now only left to seal them with the last clear coat.

And then, wow, only one thing left. Put lots of fiber optics inside, some soldering, final assemblies and it is finally done! ;)

Oh, yeah! Looks superb! Nice fix on those panel lines, they didn't look quite right before.

Light her up!

Thank You, friend!
Going to start on lighting first thing in the morning tomorrow ;)

Hey, guys!
Not so much done recently. But still.
First of all, I've installed the sockets, which would then separately power up the distinguished circuits, used in the ship. Say, you want to run only the primary engines and the spot-lights on the side trenches without windows. You plug only the connectors of these circuits, leaving other free, and enjoy) Besides, this way it would be possible to disassemble the ship completely, including lights.

Other then that, all the tiny SMD LEDs with their resistors were wired up. All thanks to my dad, who has a special soldering station with a microscope at his work :)

And then I've installed all the engine LEDs and soldered them to.

Here are thesecondary engines running.

Still have some soldering work to do with the main engines, and then I'll be turning to the spot lights.

Those LEDs are tiny :eek:

Secondary engines look great and the fact that you can take all this apart for maintenance.... Well that's almost Imperial like efficiency there... ;)

Lights are looking good so far.
Those tiny LEDs are intense

I see you ordered everything on the menu for this thing.... ;D
excellent work engines look great!

Keep it coming! The size of SMD are the reason why I have never messed with them. Too tiny..

Latest posts

Back