ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

It's true what they say, wearing black is slimming! That black primer looks like it shave 2 inches off the kit. my hats off to you Solander for the thoussands of plasticard panel squares!

Thanks for the feedback and your kind words, guys! :)
Hope to get some time for the next layer soon. And don't worry, friends, with black primer and light second layer, detalization will only win with contrast. At least I hope it will ;D

your model looks great!

I have one question though, how are you going to do the turbo-lasers? I'm going to be building one of these and will have to scratch the side walls and guns since I can't afford the resin kit.

Keep up the great work!

Hey, Husker, thanks! :)
For this build I'm going to use turbolasers that came along with the resin set, but for You I can really recommend taking on of the Hasegawa's 1/700 ships of the "Waterline Collection". I've bought on of these (the "Mikazuki") for tiny details to use on my SD, and among other parts there are are awesome big guns (big I mean in there real caliber) thet might be great as Star Destroyer's main canons. I'll take some pics of them for You and post with my next update ;)

The amount of work on this project is NUTTS man !

Awesome that you have her all Primed and Ready !!! lets' hit it dude... get her done !!!

Awesome all the way !

Solander said:
Hey, Husker, thanks! :)
For this build I'm going to use turbolasers that came along with the resin set, but for You I can really recommend taking on of the Hasegawa's 1/700 ships of the "Waterline Collection". I've bought on of these (the "Mikazuki") for tiny details to use on my SD, and among other parts there are are awesome big guns (big I mean in there real caliber) thet might be great as Star Destroyer's main canons. I'll take some pics of them for You and post with my next update ;)

They all have the same extra sheet :) I love them!!

And I was thinking how could producers menage to pack so many details from that tree to a such a small ship, lol??? ;D Now I see)))
Here is an example of how this stuff looks: http://arthurvoonwenghong.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/23-24-july-2011-1700-modelling/
Very small, very well detailed, perfect scale for our purposes = quite awesome kits, gotta love them to :)

Now, a small new update. For the past time I've been working on the base. I wanted it to have these features:
-have a mirror so one could observe the detalisation of the lower hull, hangars and other stuff on the bottom easily
-resemble the initial look of the Imperial technology

And here are the pics of the process of mine reaching these objectives. Tried to make them self-explanatory. For the top and bottom panels I've used some PET (the plastic the soda bottles made off for ex.). Different stuff like the revell's MF sidewalls went on the side scribbles. Plus ordered a silver mirror of the required size. And voila! :)

Now its time to return to and complete painting of everything I've built.
Fewh, thats a task, guys ;D

That's marvellous!! You're so inventive and imaginative. It looks just like something Grand Moff Tarkin would keep in his office!!! :eek:

WOW! Superb craftsmanship on that base Sol! Truly inventive, well executed, and darn clever, well done! ;D

This really is the icing on the cake! Great stuff, love the base mate very cool!
;D

Alright guys, here are some news:

I've preshaded the base, and also primed black all the main turets, what I've forgot to do last time working with my new super-cool Badger airbrush ( ;) ;))

And the second thing I've managed to complete was masking complex area all over the both sides of the hull to play later on their slight contrast from the rest of the ship as a slight "aztec-paneling". A realize, that the majority of this work, which took me 2 evenings would be barely visible, but this is an idea - just barely seen distinguishing panels in a whole would give i nice effect of complexity and additional sense of scale I hope.

Ok, now some sleep, and after 8 hours I'll spray the main color on and show you, guys, what my queen would turn into ;)
See ya!

And yet more detail!!! Looking good. Can't wait to see it with the base colour down.

Latest posts

Back