Iron Patriot to War Machine

Quaralane

All right. Quick build up here that took a couple of weeks, only because of me not feeling like doing much after work.
Started with the last of the Dragon "Iron Man 3" kits that I had picked up back before the start of this year's Big Spring Contest, namely the "Iron Patriot" kit
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-00.jpg

Construction went really quickly, which I'd expected after the last couple of these builds.
The inner frame was first up
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-01.jpg

Followed that with the completion of the the torso and head
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-02.jpg

As I said, this thing went together QUICKLY.
Before I knew it, I had all of the sub assemblies done and test-fitted
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-03.jpg
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-04.jpg

When it came to paint, I had decided when I bought this that there was NO WAY I was painting it up as the "Iron Patriot."
There were two basic reasons for this:
The first was that, when I think of "Iron Patriot," I don't think Jim Rhodes, I think Norman Osborn.
The second was, to be quite honest, I didn't like how the armor looked in this scheme.
So, with that in mind, I went for more of a comic book style "War Machine" look.
The lighter areas were painted in with Vallejo's Grey surface primer and given a black wash, while the dark areas were done in Vallejo's Panzer Grey primer.
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-05.jpg

Some of the decal were added, and I painted in the eyes and Arc reactor with a coat of white followed by a diluted red ink.

Finished pics:
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-06.jpg
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-07.jpg
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-08.jpg
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-09.jpg
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-10.jpg
Dragon-IP-WarMachine-11.jpg

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMuEOogTh0Y

Latest posts

Back