IRENE is kickin' in to High Gear !!

panzerace007

Wassss-up Addicts !!

Well I'm just hangin' out with IRENE , th Hurricane. Not that much goin on. I'm down here in Richmond,V.A. It's windy no doubt , Rainy. Nothing really drastic. I was out on th Back Porch & th craziest thing ... It smells like fresh Cut Wood , no doubt 'cause of th limbs broken here & there, but, to be able to smell that above th 50 + MHP wind gusts .... Surreal !

I also want to give a Big Heads up to th Fellow Addicts that are North of here , as the Eye will actually hit you harder than it's hittin' V.A. right now ( you guys in Mass & Rhode Island). Hang in there Brothers !

I'll update as necessary !!! Right now ... Hurricane Party !! CHEERS !! ;D

WAZ HAPONEENG!!!!

Glad to see your doing well Erik!! Everything her is locked down buddy!! Wife's into hyper sensitive hurricane watch mode!! 9 ,yes, 9 flashlights, 37 candles on the buffet in the dinning room! and two jugs of water?? She means well! ;) We are ready Dude!! Crack one for me, will ya!!! Catch you on the flip side...........................

SCORPIONS - Live 2010 - Rock You Like a Hurricane-HD

\m/ ,

Well .... nothing really happened around here. Just a lot of swirling Wind !! I faired better than most. The Eye has moved off to th North East & it looks like it will Hit NYC Head on by Mid-Day .. maybe earlier .

TRM - Well there's nothing wrong with being over prepared !! Hang in there Brotha' !! I'll catch up with ya' when it's all over !!

Great Tune !! \m/

Erik,good to know you're ok buddy .

I hope all you fella's out there stay safe ,and keep your head down !

Good luck. ;)

Chris.

Woke up to some major gusts here in Saratoga...enough that the wind chimes are horizontal ;). Other than that and the rain though, we'll see!

Morning Dudes & Dudettes!!!

Made out pretty well so far. Some strong gusts but nothing to write home about here in Central Mass!!! One small tree came down and took out a pol on the fence, mainly lots & lost of rain!!! We are working shifts taking the dog out to go!!! She no likey rain at all!!!

Be safe everybody!!!

The Doors and Creed - Riders On The Storm (Live)

Just started raining here, in NB. Last I checked about an hr ago, the eye had just passed over NYC, both rivers have over flowed their banks and Manhattan is a mess.

TRM...keep you head down...as I think the worse is yet to hit you (may have already hit by now)

I am hoping that the storm speeds up some....gotta go to the PO box in Maine on Monday.....likely won't be a great drive!!

Thanks Scott....you get hunkered down as well! Seems that as it passes over, things are breaking up a bit. Still some pretty big gusts, between 40 & 50 mph, but the rain is subsiding. Keeping an eye toward the lower coast where Scalemodelmadman & Scratchmod are.....they got to getting hit pretty bad!

Hang tough guys!! Be Safe!! ;)

Not bad here yet, however as I write this the center of the storm is still over western Mass. (last update from the US Hurricane center was about an hr ago), and seems that the track of the storm seems to be keeping more west, and downgraded to a tropical storm now.

So far just rain, sometimes very heavy...winds aren't bad....but it is still early.

Won't have to water my tomatoes and cucumbers for a few days at least!!

We had about 8 inches of rain, the Lehigh and the Delaware will crest sometime tonight or tomorrow. Not as bad as it could have been, but there are power outages elsewhere in the Valley and down into Berks County towards Reading. Local, small stream flooding has closed some roads.

Some trees down, also limbs. I was fortunate, only had a couple of branches knocked off the big maple that stands right outside my kitchen door and shades my beer garden. A neighbor across the street from me, though, has a tree that snapped in half and fell all over her front yard. Another branch snapped off a tree on our side of the street and fell into the street, but fortunately, didn't hit anything.

Had a little water in the basement, about 36 gallons worth, no problem, though, with the shop vac. Now we just wait out the rest of the windy weather. It's still gusting outside, but the rain stopped a couple of hours ago.

Anytime you Guys are tired of her, please send her this way. Down here in Texas, we have not had rain in almost 10 months. This is very unusual, because we will spend weeks at a time with it raining every day.

Glad to hear everyone is OK!

Looked about 45 mins ago, and the eye, or what was left of the eye was over Sherbrooke, Quebec.

It stopped raining hours ago...but the wind has howled all night. Still got power and internet (obviously...don't have one of those fancy shmancy phones like Ken has!), but the flash light is right beside me just in case....

Now if the wind would die down....the 70ft pine on the lot next door looks very ominous when the wind is like this!

Yeah,

Went out this Mornin' & surveyed th Scene. Just a lot of Leaves Blown off th Trees & a couple of Limbs down ! Nothing Major.

@ BARON - It looks like Philly took a Shot on th Chin ! Some Flooding.

@TRM - Eastern MASS looks like it got hit fairly hard & Connecticut got Slammed ! 1,000's with out power !! New Hampshire just might slide down to N.Y. They got flooding all over th place !!

@SCOTT- I've seen th Radar ... It looks like it's breakin' up a lil' , but that Wind just seems to linger !!

Has any one heard from KEN or Scratchmod ?

@ GRENDELS - Be careful what you wish for.... This is just th Start of Hurricane Season ... Texas is bound to catch one sooner or later .. shootin' through th Gulf !!

Panzerace007: We have had about 5% of our normal rainfall. I think most here would welcome a Hurricane it was 108 today. Very very hot.

Hey Erik...guys/gals,

I heard from Ken and Rob yesterday. Both & their families are doing well, they were struggling with the widespread power outages mainly, but seemed OK just the same thankfully!!

Personally seemed to skate the bullet on this one. Some section of the town lost power, not us. One small tree came down and a bunch of leaves. counted my blessings!!! My dad and a couple friends in Worcester, lost power for a while.Friends out near Boston had no power almost the whole day. I work in RI, they cancelled work due to 3 poles down on the street. Most of the towns around West Glocester RI over to Putnam CT lost power in the wee morning yesterday and will be with out for a few more days. Got family down in CT near NY, they got hit pretty bad but all are safe.

Peace!!

TRM,

Cool ! Glad to hear Everyone's safe ! Iain Hamilton also faired really Good !! Gald to hear Y'all are doin Good !!!

Latest posts

Back